The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marshrunner757

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Sulphur, LA
    I don't understand the difference in time between going there or mailing in. The background check doesn't start either way until they have your prints. Seems crazy to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mogsy31

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Crowley
    1/18 application filed online
    1/19 Fingerprints taken at BR State Police headquarters
    1/26 received application accepted and paid $178 online plus $3 fee
    2/4 RECEIVED EMAIL SAYING PERMIT APPROVED
    2/12 Permit arrived today

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    Applied January 4th, no word yet. I have military service, few training periods out of state, overseas deployment, so I'm guessing I may be waiting for a bit.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Applied January 4th, no word yet. I have military service, few training periods out of state, overseas deployment, so I'm guessing I may be waiting for a bit.

Wow the 4th. So you like me a waiting game me 1-23-16. The way it looks it's gonna take about the same time as mailing it in. Thought online was gonna be faster.

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    Wow the 4th. So you like me a waiting game me 1-23-16. The way it looks it's gonna take about the same time as mailing it in. Thought online was gonna be faster.

I'm sure they got a flood of applications same as every other state. And like I said, I kinda figured my history would take a little time to go through.

Funny part is I'm sitting here waiting on LSP to clear me when I've held a security clearance from the DOD, and currently hold one as a civilian federal employee.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'm sure they got a flood of applications same as every other state. And like I said, I kinda figured my history would take a little time to go through.

Funny part is I'm sitting here waiting on LSP to clear me when I've held a security clearance from the DOD, and currently hold one as a civilian federal employee.

If you have a Top Secret Clearance you still get checked out or the other States will not honor the LA. CHP.

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    An update, though not for me. My father filed the day before me, January 4th and got his email to send payment. Perhaps I'm not far behind, though I imagine my history is going to take a little longer to get through since he's had one less address and no military/deployments to check up on.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    What's the deal. Why are some people getting it in couple of weeks and others like me are still waiting. Don't get it. I know they backed up but on renewals it supposed to be quicker. Mine submitted on 1-23 my buddy did his on 1-31 he already paid and is waiting for card to come in mail. I don't get how they are working over there.

RyanB

Caveman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    West Monroe
    1-12-16 - Did online app
    1-13-16 - Mailed in fingerprints
    2-19-16 - Was told by LSP that they are just now processing Dec 16th applications that had mailed in fingerprint cards and not to expect mine until the end of March or later.

:thumbsdown:

Top Bottom