The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    1-12-16 - Did online app
    1-13-16 - Mailed in fingerprints
    2-19-16 - Was told by LSP that they are just now processing Dec 16th applications that had mailed in fingerprint cards and not to expect mine until the end of March or later.

:thumbsdown:

Thanks, at least that is something to go by other than "it takes time."

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    1-12-16 - Did online app
    1-13-16 - Mailed in fingerprints
    2-19-16 - Was told by LSP that they are just now processing Dec 16th applications that had mailed in fingerprint cards and not to expect mine until the end of March or later.

:thumbsdown:

That doesn't add up. My father online filed 1/4, mailed in his prints, his app has been approved and he got his payment link.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Online app ain't worth ****. Mail off everything for my first time and got my permit faster than this. Thought renewal was supposed to be faster because of no prints or photo needed. Total ******** if you ask me. Hope they pass the law for state to be concealed carry with no permit to get rid of all this red tape.

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Online app ain't worth ****. Mail off everything for my first time and got my permit faster than this. Thought renewal was supposed to be faster because of no prints or photo needed. Total ******** if you ask me. Hope they pass the law for state to be concealed carry with no permit to get rid of all this red tape.

Agree. I have been patient, but am becoming frustrated. There has to be a more efficient process besides sweet [nice] ladies running the show. Then I remember I am dealing with the .gov. Louisiana .gov, at that. One day, after I have forgotten about it, the permit will arrive. Started process 12/07.

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    1/4 applied
    1/5 submitted prints via mail
    3/4 RETURNED. I submitted my DD214 per their request, but since it was not a full discharge but a release from temporary active duty back to RESERVE duty (National Guard) no discharge status listed. Resubmitted with notes and submitted my NGB22 (honorable discharge from the Louisiana National Guard).

Now I wait and see if I went back to the end of the line, or if they get to it quickly. 60 days and counting, but at least when it was returned I saw the notes where they received and attached my prints.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Really is a joke. You really have to laugh. But my permit expires on 4-4-16. Started my renewel 1-23-16. When your permit expires or your app goes past a certain time won't you have to start process over. If so that's ******** cause it's them taking so long. Thought I would be ok 21/2 months out on renewel. Don't look good. Guess I gonna have to open carry till it comes in whenever that is. It's just pitiful that it takes this long. My first time only took a month or so and everything was mailed in.

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    And ... APPROVED! I should receive permit next week.

So, about 97 days for me. App. submitted: 12/01/15. Accepted and paid on 01/14/15.

Marshrunner757, hang in there!! Your turn is coming. (Tip - I skipped the phone call after the 45-days for the background check passed and e-mailed my inquiry. Advised them date submitted, accepted, approved, and that 45 days had passed in the background check, and just wanted to check status. My e-mail was answered by them today, as well as the approval, almost simultaneously. Maybe an e-mail is better than a phone call.)

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    And ... APPROVED! I should receive permit next week.

So, about 97 days for me. App. submitted: 12/01/15. Accepted and paid on 01/14/15.

Marshrunner757, hang in there!! Your turn is coming. (Tip - I skipped the phone call after the 45-days for the background check passed and e-mailed my inquiry. Advised them date submitted, accepted, approved, and that 45 days had passed in the background check, and just wanted to check status. My e-mail was answered by them today, as well as the approval, almost simultaneously. Maybe an e-mail is better than a phone call.)
    Did you do your app online or by mail

Top Bottom