The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marshrunner757

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Sulphur, LA
    And ... APPROVED! I should receive permit next week.

So, about 97 days for me. App. submitted: 12/01/15. Accepted and paid on 01/14/15.

Marshrunner757, hang in there!! Your turn is coming. (Tip - I skipped the phone call after the 45-days for the background check passed and e-mailed my inquiry. Advised them date submitted, accepted, approved, and that 45 days had passed in the background check, and just wanted to check status. My e-mail was answered by them today, as well as the approval, almost simultaneously. Maybe an e-mail is better than a phone call.)
    Thanks for the info. I'll try emailing them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Thanks for the info. I'll try emailing them.

What's their email. One I have doesn't work. And I am guessing yours is a new app being u mailed in finger prints. Mine was a renewal no prints needed and still waiting started 1-23-16. I guess at the 2 month mark I'll call and see what the hell is going on. Still hoping they pass the carry bill for state so we don't have to go through this ********.

marshrunner757

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Sulphur, LA
    What's their email. One I have doesn't work. And I am guessing yours is a new app being u mailed in finger prints. Mine was a renewal no prints needed and still waiting started 1-23-16. I guess at the 2 month mark I'll call and see what the hell is going on. Still hoping they pass the carry bill for state so we don't have to go through this ********.
    concealed.handguns@dps.la.gov

medic66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2016
    Lafayette,la
    Online Application: 12/5/15
    Fingerprint sent Certified Mail signed for: 12/8/15
    Online Payment: 1/7/16
    Email Approval: 2/15/16
    As of today still waiting. I did email them on Tuesday and have not received a reply.

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Online Application: 12/5/15
    Fingerprint sent Certified Mail signed for: 12/8/15
    Online Payment: 1/7/16
    Email Approval: 2/15/16
    As of today still waiting. I did email them on Tuesday and have not received a reply.

It took about a week for them to answer and actually they sent their reply immediately after my approval email. I was told to expect 45 days in background check and they pretty much nailed it. So you may be facing 45 days from your accepted email. "Approved" means it's done and on its way to you.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Emailed them last week no response yet. Starting to get ridiculous with this ****. I know they backed up but it's really a joke now. 5 years ago mailed everything in my first time and only took a month and a half.

sacosta66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Submitted App online on Jan 11th with mail in finger prints the next day. Emailed them on March 10th checking on status, no response yet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

medic66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2016
    Lafayette,la
    I sent an email a week ago today. Still no response. I called 3 times yesterday and received a busy signal every time. I received the approved email stating I should receive my permit in 10-15 working days on February 15th. Still nothing.

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    wife just took the course. Now to file. is it better to file online then drive to BR for the finger prints or do the paperwork and fingerprints the same time in BR?

sacosta66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I had a friend that did hers at the HQ in BR and received hers in just over 2 weeks in December. She only had a couple of address changes and no divorces to be submitted.
    I believe the odds are better if completed in person at HQ.

Top Bottom