The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sacosta66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I emailed them last week and I just received this response....

"We are currently processing applications and documents received early January we have not processed yours at this time."

I submitted mine online Jan 11th with prints mailed in the next day.
    So the wait continues...

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    You guys gotta stop bothering them. Every time they get emailed, they probably stick that app on the bottom of the pile.

;)

Yeah that's what I thinking. Just emailed them one time last week and received a response today saying the are back logged and just getting to the mail around my date of 1-23-16. Lady in renewal delt in the email said I could email her my coupies of certificate and DL and that would possible help. We shall see but at least they have gotten to mail around my date. Still next time I will personally bring the copies in next time.

lilcrazykev2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I was wondering, do they tell you that you are rejected or they leave you in the silence? Because I submitted online on 1-11-16 and mailed every paperwork the next day.

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    I was wondering, do they tell you that you are rejected or they leave you in the silence? Because I submitted online on 1-11-16 and mailed every paperwork the next day.

I was told they'd be in touch if there was a problem, but who knows. I asked them because mine was taking so long. You are looking at about 3 months total unless you get lucky. Next time, at renewal, I'm going lifetime.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    So after receiving email from them I emailed my copies of license and certificate back to renewal lady yesterday and today received acceptance and payment email. What happened from yesterday to today I don't know but whoever that lady was thank you very much. Hopefully it won't take long to the little envelope comes in the mail. Permit expires on 4-4-16

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    If you live in Baton Rouge or have your fingerprints done there it's a shorter wait time than elsewhere. I'm in Slidell and it took two months for approval and another month to receive the permit.

egcivicsi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    marrero
    Hey guys, I'm wondering if I have my application done with copy of drivers license, two fingerprint cards, money order,and certificate. And have one of my family drop it off along with their own application. Do you guys think they will question the person dropping off multiple applications ?

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Hey guys, I'm wondering if I have my application done with copy of drivers license, two fingerprint cards, money order,and certificate. And have one of my family drop it off along with their own application. Do you guys think they will question the person dropping off multiple applications ?

If everything is in order there should be no problem. They do not see you in person when you mail an application in.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    And my lil brown envelope has arrived! Good luck to those still waiting!

Congrats, Daisy ... Marshrunner and I should have ours soon since we were all bunched together ... but we'll see!

Last edited:

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    Heading to BR tomorrow to fill out the wife's paperwork and get printed. What money orders are needed and who do they get made too. We have conflicting paperwork from instructors. Particularly on the fingerprint portion.

Top Bottom