The Circus, come one, come all! Main attraction- Talking Jackasses! (Pun intended)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Not sure if you guys heard, but the pro-gun control group Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense is protesting nation wide this Saturday against Starbucks, because Starbucks recognizes our 2A rights and allows legally owned firearms within their store perimeters. I'm normally not one for open carry as it can cause unwanted attention, but that doesn't mean that I want to lose that right. If you don't exercise your rights, like muscles, you will lose them, so periodic public display of your rifle/sidearm, in places that are legal of coarse, to me is necessary. If they support us, I will support their business. What are you guys' thoughts on this? I'm just a regular guy that enjoys his rights and hates to see them go and tired of watching them go by while public opinion reins supreme.

Last edited:

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    I'm open carrying my rifle hopefully with some friends, not ideal but the public needs to get the idea that a person with an "assault rifle" in public doesn't always mean ill intentions. I'm going to wear it slung in a none threatening position across my back. I might get bashed for this, but it needs to be done.

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I'm open carrying my rifle hopefully with some friends, not ideal but the public needs to get the idea that a person with an "assault rifle" in public doesn't always mean ill intentions. I'm going to wear it slung in a none threatening position across my back. I might get bashed for this, but it needs to be done.

Yeah... no. I'm driving to Cabela's tomorrow morning so I guess I'll hit the drive-thru to get some coffee for the road, but open carrying an AR to Starbucks? Not a handgun, a rifle? I assume you'll be at the one in Houma? Bummer I won't be there for the show.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    tumblr_lasmpzzeeO1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The hope of the protest is to disrupt business revenues on this Saturday enough to make Starbucks believe they should kowtow to this group.

Don't worry about the gun! Just go get a cup of coffee, or a muffin, or a water tomorrow from them; particularly if you don't do so regularly already. Showing them (Starbucks), their revenues were not negatively affected by this silly protest is more important than showing your gun!

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    calling the sheriff's department before hand to let them know so they aren't surprised when they get calls. Have a couple of friends on the force, going to let them know as well. Still iffy on the rifle, will most likely carry my sidearm.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The hope of the protest is to disrupt business revenues on this Saturday enough to make Starbucks believe they should kowtow to this group.

Don't worry about the gun! Just go get a cup of coffee, or a muffin, or a water tomorrow from them; particularly if you don't do so regularly already. Showing them (Starbucks), their revenues were not negatively affected by this silly protest is more important than showing your gun!
    Good idea.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Yeah, I don't think open carrying an AR is such a good idea nowadays. Who knows, someone CCing at Starbucks might mistake you for an active shooter and take action.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    you see, that is sad though. If no one does it, people's irrational fears will take the better of them. Then when open carry will be illegal, it will be our fault, no one else's but our own.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    calling the sheriff's department before hand to let them know so they aren't surprised when they get calls. Have a couple of friends on the force, going to let them know as well. Still iffy on the rifle, will most likely carry my sidearm.

That's not the show I was talking about. I was referring to the soccer moms that probably wouldn't have noticed a sidearm in a holster freaking the f*ck out over a dood walking in with a freaking rifle slung. I imagine you'll get... quite the reaction, and not the one you think you're going to get.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    And that escalation is due to the fact that not enough actively support their rights. Want someone to blame? Blame yourself.

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Blame yourself.

Blame myself for not toting an AR15 around town just for shits and giggles? No thanks. This isn't Kabul.

Shoving something down peoples throats isn't the way to get your point across. If you want to REALLY do something productive, why not invite a not so gun friendly person to the range and let them experience firearms for themselves, not what the media and TV has told them?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You could also just stop in and buy some of their products, and mention to the manager that as a gun owner you appreciate their policy of respecting local firearms laws.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Blame myself for not toting an AR15 around town just for shits and giggles? No thanks. This isn't Kabul.

Shoving something down peoples throats isn't the way to get your point across. If you want to REALLY do something productive, why not invite a not so gun friendly person to the range and let them experience firearms for themselves, not what the media and TV has told them?

How is this shoving something down their throats? Much worse things in public then someone following the law my friend. It's not for shits and gigs either .Oh and I have done that as well. Imagine if all of the legal gun owners openly carried their firearms, would the public be as uncomfortable? More than likely.

If they tell me to leave, I will do so.

Last edited:

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    You could also just stop in and buy some of their products, and mention to the manager that as a gun owner you appreciate their policy of respecting local firearms laws.
    That would be the equivalent of someone saying that they love the save the whales program and wish things would change, but do nothing. That is inaction.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    That would be the equivalent of someone saying that they love the save the whales program and wish things would change, but do nothing. That is inaction.
    No, it's more like supporting the 'save the whales' program, and carrying around a stinking disgusting whale to drag around behind you.

About that much sense, yup.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    No, it's more like supporting the 'save the whales' program, and carrying around a stinking disgusting whale to drag around behind you.

About that much sense, yup.
    So you believe that carry around a firearm in public view legally is the equivalent of dragging around a dead whale if you are an advocate for whales? That is how you view this? That is quite sad. You obviously have a disdain for open carry, would you be okay if this right was taken away? Because at the rate we are going, won't be to long now if gun owners have a like mindset such as yourself. You act as if public display is form of brandishing. And THAT is the problem.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom