'The Colony' Reality Show To Film In Chalmette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    What kind of idiot watches crap like that? "Reality TV" is an insult to your intelligence, and you encourage it? That's pathetic. Go outside and take a walk. Hang out with your neighbors. Learn a foreign language. Learn to write software.

For God's sake people, LEARN instead of watching this crap!

Last edited:

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Can someone post a google map link to the location? I remember the first one in LA was right next to a neighborhood. If you look at it on the map, you can still see their old solar setup and the camera boom over the fence.

-Dave

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    This show irritated the bat crap out of me. I got through about the first 20 min. and shut it off. I am a gluten for punishment so I will prob watch it but it seems like it shows the castration of our society.

I you are in the situation they describe, and you have formed a group of people together. If you have 3 strangers infiltrate your perimiter, do you ask them what they want? HELL NO, you meet them with force, you show strength right off the bat. You see in the show how their weekness is exploited.

The other thing, in a "real world" scenario, what are the chances of not one person in that group being armed?

You should watch the first season. Really interesting, intelligent, and hardworking people. No models and idiot artists.

What kind of idiot watches crap like that? "Reality TV" is an insult to your intelligence, and you encourage it? That's pathetic. Go outside and take a walk. Hang out with your neighbors. Learn a foreign language. Learn to write software.

For God's sake people, LEARN instead of watching this crap!

Some would say the same about posting on a firearm forum.

Also I learned some pretty interesting stuff from the first season. For example I am pretty sure that I could build a wood gasifier just from watching the show. As well as a few other neat little tricks that I hadn't even heard of. Really I haven't seen anything on the Discovery Channel that insulted my intelligence.

Last edited:

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I agree. First season was awesome. They loaded up the cast for season 2 with some seriously useless people.

Well, to be honest, you aren't going to have tons of useful people around in such a situation anyway. Sure, most of US are ready or at least somewhat prepared and skilled...

But look at the general population. Do you really think that the government-teet sucking, welfare absorbing, accidentally on purpose breeding, food stamp using, 20" rim driving part of the populace is going to be of much help. I'd wager that well over half of the population would not be of any use in a true disaster situation.

biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell
    Well, to be honest, you aren't going to have tons of useful people around in such a situation anyway. Sure, most of US are ready or at least somewhat prepared and skilled...

But look at the general population. Do you really think that the government-teet sucking, welfare absorbing, accidentally on purpose breeding, food stamp using, 20" rim driving part of the populace is going to be of much help. I'd wager that well over half of the population would not be of any use in a true disaster situation.

very true, the trick is to find the most people that are useful and fill out menial tasks or common responsibilities with everyone else.

its a waste of talent to have a doctor, medtech, or engineer gather water and boil it for camp use.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    very true, the trick is to find the most people that are useful and fill out menial tasks or common responsibilities with everyone else.

its a waste of talent to have a doctor, medtech, or engineer gather water and boil it for camp use.

It is not a waste of talent unless they are doing menail tasks when they could be doing their specialty. I doubt there is a constant need for a med tech or doctor, so they would be best served picking up wood or foraging. However, when they need medical, then they would be wasting their time if they were used elsewhere.

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    So a marine sniper just joined the group.

Should provide them with some much needed help. This group definitely need some cohesion compared to last years. They do not seem to be learning much in the way of survival until they have to.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Would a Marine force recon sniper actually join that group? Or would he be better off alone?

That is the "back story" He has supposedly been living near them alone.

They made it seem like he was lonely. So he's a lonely scout/sniper without a rifle. I sense he'll be shaking up the dynamic.

I'm getting into this season more than last. Lots of stuff is obviously staged, but it's to be expected.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom