The Colony

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d_hawkins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Has anybody seen Discovery Channels "The Colony" (also on netflix)???
    I just want to start a topic about this show. A lot of the stuff on there is good information, not sure how much of it is useful thought. I see their priorities change and jump all over. We all know water, shelter, security, and food are the most important. Just want yalls input.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Season 1 was great, 2 started to smell almost like reality tv, but it was still good.

I hope they do a third season

d_hawkins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I watched season 2 first, then found season 1 on netflix. I think it does a good job to raise awareness, but im not sure if their priorities are survive and thrive, or make good tv to make a name/ and or money. Just wanted some input, on the episode i watched tonight (S1E7) one of the things presented to them was their faith, which will play a big part of
    my survival. It seamed as though they we not really concerned with the important things, such as WATER!!!

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I learned one thing from that show:

be careful who you let in your group. Some of those super liberal women just pissed me off the whole time and wanted to give stuff away to anyone who asked.

d_hawkins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I learned one thing from that show:

be careful who you let in your group. Some of those super liberal women just pissed me off the whole time and wanted to give stuff away to anyone who asked.

That is a very good point. How many is too many, are their skill-sets valuable to the group, are they a risk, these are all questions you have to ask yourself.

Me personally, i think the 2 groups first to go are the Rambos and the Hippies. The Rambos walking around with guns and guns and guns, probably wont be able to boil water, or lay low (OpSec), and when they run out of ammo-they are done. The hippies who want to love the world by sharing their resources are just asking to be over taken. My faith will play a big part, i feel that after TEOTWAWKI the world will rebuild itself. We have all heard that history repetes itself.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    About 6 episodes into The Colony LA and I find myself wanting to strangle some of these idiots.

I mean some of the things they do are neat. They clearly are being told what to do and have some sort of schedule though.

However IMO the most important things that they would have to do they cannot replicate.

Like dealing with the big ass dude and his girl that show up. Actually harming the looters etc.

It's interesting but hard to take serious.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    From what I read a Raider was swinging a weapon, it unintentionally struck the colonist in the head and as a result he fell down a flight of stairs.

:dunno:

I also read the families attempt to sue(of course) was dead on arrival considering they sign an absolute complete waiver of death and all other injuries with the producers. Supposedly that Waiver is VERY extensive and complete.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom