The cost of VAN HALEN concert tickets on 6/26/12 in NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    As some classic rock lovers may already know, this past Saturday tickets for the last show of the VAN HALEN 2012 tour went on sale here for New Orleans in late June. The venue is the NOLA Arena which is located directly next to the Superdome and is home to the NO Hornets. Last time in 2008 when VH played here we got good mid level seats for apx $85 ea, fast forward to 2012 and the exact same seat is; are you ready for this? $179 including the b/s ticket master rape charges of over $32 per ticket for the convenience they give to us ticket buyers WTF, how many people in this economy can afford over $350 for a pair of decent seats to see Van Halen? Don't get me wrong, I love VH and was ready to buy 8 (the max) tickets because a group of us from work always go and we want to sit together as we have done numerous times before but NO more, these prices are outrageous! Nose bleed seats up in the top tier are $88, again outrageous. No more, we can listen to a cd, drink some non overpriced alcoholic beverages and have just as good as time. Like I say, I love me some VH, but pass on these prices. :mad:

From the show in 2008 in NOLA
    vanfinghalen2008 151.jpg

deek248

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    We were on the floor for the last VH show. Was going to order tickets for the new show tomorrow but dayum $180 EACH???? I dont think imma pay that much to see DLR forget lyrics again! LOL

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    The last concert I went to was a puscifer concert, I paid $250 for 4 tickets. On the other hand if it was TOOL I would pay $600 if necessary. But I am huge fan of Maynard's work. Any other band might get $30 a ticket out of me.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The last concert I went to was a puscifer concert, I paid $250 for 4 tickets. On the other hand if it was TOOL I would pay $600 if necessary. But I am huge fan of Maynard's work. Any other band might get $30 a ticket out of me.

The only concert I ever bothered to go to was TOOL. Lateralus tour. $30 for my ticket, but it wasn't on the floor or anything.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

Does Maynard have some new project he's doing? I thought I heard something like that

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    if it was TOOL I would pay $600 if necessary. But I am huge fan of Maynard's work.

+1000

I remember paying just under $50 a ticket to go to Lollapalooza in 1996. Saw Metallica, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Korn, Rancid, Ramones, and a ton of other bands all day long! I'd pay the high prices to go see Tool, Alice in Chains, or Iron Maiden in a heartbeat, but can't think of any other bands that would be worth paying that much to see.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Told my Aunt I wanted her tickets again since they have preferred tickets as Hornets season tix holders. I didn't realize the price had nearly doubled from the last time.

So now I have four tickets I may not even be able to sell to friends to come with me...needless to say I was a little shocked and that
    s getting club seats for $155 (Ticketmaster charge included)

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Does Maynard have some new project he's doing? I thought I heard something like that

Puscifer has been around a while but it is Maynard's newest band. I like it but the music is different from anything you hear TOOL play. He is also doing his wine venture that I can not find for sale in Louisiana anywhere :mad: but oh well I travel a lot I will find some eventually lol. But TOOL is back in the studio recording so we might get a new album this year!!!

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    The only concert I ever bothered to go to was TOOL. Lateralus tour. $30 for my ticket, but it wasn't on the floor or anything.

I prefer the balcony at TOOL concerts, I enjoy the light shows a lot more that way!!! They are usually too awesome too miss in my opinion a lot of work definitely goes into settings them up.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom