the creation of a monster

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lamuskrat

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    French Settlement, La
    Yesterday was my b-day. So for my B-day I wanted to go shoot. I had like six pistols that had never been shot plus one AR15 I built. I took my wife (we are legally separated but still do everything as man and wife). She was gonna shoot her 38 I bought her for protection. She had never been to a range and target shot before. She had difficulty with the 38 as it was DAO and new to her. Then switching between calibers I brought my Sig 1911-22 in to shoot. After she shot it she fell in love with it. She kept telling me to give it to her or "lets go buy me a gun". I'm like wait , its my b-day and you get the present. Well being the man that I am I broke down and bought her a Ruger PB22. She loves it. Now she wants more bullets and today wants me to take her shooting again.

Oh I can see right now this is gonna be costly.....LOL

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    So you still work hard and buy her stuff but don't get the rare sexcapades us married guys get and you can bed dow whoever you want. Am I close?

lamuskrat

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    French Settlement, La
    Just out of curiosity, can you explain your situation with the woman in your story? :o
    She left me threatening to divorce me (again, we were divorced once before), but she held off because she says we get along better now. She lives in BR and I in Gonzales, but we are together basically every weekend. She has cost me a fortune in other ways. Never figured she would care for shooting and guns though.

lamuskrat

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    French Settlement, La
    So you still work hard and buy her stuff but don't get the rare sexcapades us married guys get and you can bed dow whoever you want. Am I close?
    No we are separated not divorced and as a Christian I wouldn't bed woman that way. Like I said she still is my wife and I have needs.....you figure out the rest....:mamoru:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    She left me threatening to divorce me (again, we were divorced once before), but she held off because she says we get along better now. She lives in BR and I in Gonzales, but we are together basically every weekend. She has cost me a fortune in other ways. Never figured she would care for shooting and guns though.

Well, I wish you the best of luck in your en-devour.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla

I've known a few couples who live this way. It's unusual, but it works for them and has for many years.

Power couples do too. Gabby Gifford the representative from Arizona who was shot, lived this way with her Houston astronaut husband for example.

I think it's more prevalent the older you are, and more established in your own life and work.

Top Bottom