The Discussion Continued

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Factual evidence proves that a civilian does not need a plate carrier in every day activities. Given the details you've provided (which we can assume to be factual), we can be reassured that YOU don't need a concealed plate carrier to do your job.
    Factual evidence? Come on Dave you say opinion then you say factual evidence? Now it's no surprise I agree for me a plate carrier is over kill. But that's my opinion and will never pass it off as factual. Fact is you, me and God knows how many other Bayou Shooters tuck their gun in their trousers every morning and head out the door, and we get home in the evening and remove that gun, and the only time all day that gun was touched was to scratch an intch, adjust it, drop a deuce or what have you. But we all feel the need to carry. It has to be we feel the need because it ain't all that fun. But by your logic you and I would not likely need to be carrying a gun. You gonna leave yours at home tomorrow?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Is that not what you are doing right now? You're trying to say that what I do is detrimental to freedom. That's laughable.

"Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing."

If I don't ask, then I won't know. If I don't know, then I won't learn.

You of all people should agree with this. You Libertarians see yourselves as free thinkers, yet you act just like everyone else and try to impose your beliefs on anyone who opposes you. You get so annoyed that I disagree with the majority, but do you realize that if I agreed with you, nothing would be learned? Seeing you add nothing to any discussion day after day is quite annoying in itself.

You're trying to play all this off as if you are just some guy trying to learn more and educate yourself and others....however, your prior comments betray you.

I think it's silly that you have a need to carry a PC, let alone conceal it.

If you and the other cobra commandos here haven't figured it out yet, telling me "because it's cool" or "because I want to" is not acceptable, because there is no logic behind it. You want to wear a PC because it looks cool? Go play airsoft.

You people think I'm trolling, but you can ask anyone here that has met me. I'll ask the same question in person, face to face. You're not a cop? You don't work private security? Then you don't need a PC, regardless of however the hell you make an attempt to conceal it

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Factual evidence? Come on Dave you say opinion then you say factual evidence?

Is it wrong that I form my own opinion based on factual evidence?

Now it's no surprise I agree for me a plate carrier is over kill. But that's my opinion and will never pass it off as factual.

Factual evidence is the statistical chance that one would be shot at and that round being stopped by the plate carrier in an urban environment.

You gonna leave yours at home tomorrow?

Most likely. I left it home today and yesterday. So what are you saying?

You're trying to play all this off as if you are just some guy trying to learn more and educate yourself and others....however, your prior comments betray you.

Play what off? Was that not my opinion?

I finally give the reason for my questions and you dismiss it. Go back to your cave, troll.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    f1695a8c474e597e6f24b106c0898d82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Is it wrong that I form my own opinion based on factual evidence?

Factual evidence is the statistical chance that one would be shot at and that round being stopped by the plate carrier in an urban environment.

If there were any "factual evidence" they would point to a low likelihood of necessity. Everything after that is youry and my interpretation of the "facts" at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

f1695a8c474e597e6f24b106c0898d82.jpg

:D

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If there were any "factual evidence" they would point to a low likelihood of necessity.

That's essentially what I just said :doh:

Needs usually come from necessity. Unless you want to play dress up. There is no need for a civilian to conceal a PC.

Everything after that is youry and my interpretation of the "facts" at hand.

The facts at hand are that we have a Bayoushooter member who does things that the majority of us find odd.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    We just FOF yesterday with airsoft guns. It was pretty fun. Much cheaper than simnition rounds.

JR1572

If you get into serious airsoft the guns can be upwards of $800 each. That's for the very powerful/fast/accurate ones. Mine is set up for instant trigger response.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    We had ones that were the same as our issued weapons. Really fun stuff.

JR1572

I used some of those a few weeks ago in a FOF class. I still have a scar on my hand from where one of them caught my finger. The glove didn't help much.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Top Bottom