The Discussion Continued

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If I changed the story as much as Dave does I would now be a government operator working security rotations overseas and therefore having a lot more than just a PC.

But I don't so I'm not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smb5769

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    You're a cop?

WTF.

So why do you have a PC?

Trolling? No. I think it's silly that you have a need to carry a PC, let alone conceal it.

If you and the other cobra commandos here haven't figured it out yet, telling me "because it's cool" or "because I want to" is not acceptable, because there is no logic behind it. You want to wear a PC because it looks cool? Go play airsoft.

You people think I'm trolling, but you can ask anyone here that has met me. I'll ask the same question in person, face to face. You're not a cop? You don't work private security? Then you don't need a PC, regardless of however the hell you make an attempt to conceal it. Ta2d_cop, JR, and others have already asked how concealing a PC is even possible, but I digress.

Why would a civilian need to conceal a plate carrier, let alone wear one?

Why a civilian would need a firearm is unrelated to why a civilian would need a plate carrier and conceal it.
    So, you are questioning need? You're a hypocrite if you feel the need to carry a gun to protect yourself, but you question a "need" for armor to protect yourself from a bullet. Your lack of logic has lost me.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's OK for him, but not for him. No, he's approved because badge.

And here I was thinking this is a gun forum populated by 2nd Amendment supporters.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If I changed the story as much as Dave does I would now be a government operator working security rotations overseas and therefore having a lot more than just a PC.

But I don't so I'm not.

The entire thread is here if you want to read it again.

So, you are questioning need? You're a hypocrite if you feel the need to carry a gun to protect yourself, but you question a "need" for armor to protect yourself from a bullet. Your lack of logic has lost me.

Lack of logic? For thinking it's silly to conceal a PC?

I asked if he was a cop, because he mentioned concealing a PC. Something civilians typically don't do. Then when he confirmed that he is not a cop, I asked why he has a PC (in reference to him wearing one while working). His job does not require it to be worn and I can see no reason why he would feel the need to wear it. He has not disclosed the aformentioned hostile environments that he claimed would justify wearing a PC, so I don't know what you don't understand.

smb5769

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    You're a cop?

WTF.

So why do you have a PC?

Trolling? No. I think it's silly that you have a need to carry a PC, let alone conceal it.

If you and the other cobra commandos here haven't figured it out yet, telling me "because it's cool" or "because I want to" is not acceptable, because there is no logic behind it. You want to wear a PC because it looks cool? Go play airsoft.

You people think I'm trolling, but you can ask anyone here that has met me. I'll ask the same question in person, face to face. You're not a cop? You don't work private security? Then you don't need a PC, regardless of however the hell you make an attempt to conceal it. Ta2d_cop, JR, and others have already asked how concealing a PC is even possible, but I digress.

Why would a civilian need to conceal a plate carrier, let alone wear one?
    Does it matter if he's a cop? Do you have an AR15? Are you military? Why do you need that AR15 if you're not military?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I don't know why this is still going, Sub wears a PC because he feels needing it is probable enough for him, because nearly no one really likes wearing that stuff it's hot it's heavy it's inflexible. Dave finds that thinking comical and since his general MO is to poke fun at nearly everything on the internet, he is. I personally in a group of guys, shooting the $hit, I may poke a little fun myself, but personally I don't find it that funny or that wierd. People would make fun of me if I put on a racing helmet to drive my truck to work in the mornings but if I was in a bad wreck it might save my noggin. Is it too much? For me it is, but so is carrying an umbrella on a cloudy day. And I'm not wearing safeties to hang a picture even though the sticker on my hammer insists it's a requirement.

Simply put Dave is enjoying himself and to each his own.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Just changing shirts and grabbing some popcorn.

viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Does it matter if he's a cop? Do you have an AR15? Are you military? Why do you need that AR15 if you're not military?

Yes. Yes. No. Target Shooting.

I don't know why this is still going, Sub wears a PC because he feels needing it is probable enough for him, because nearly no one really likes wearing that stuff it's hot it's heavy it's inflexible. Dave finds that thinking comical and since his general MO is to poke fun at nearly everything on the internet, he is. I personally in a group of guys, shooting the $hit, I may poke a little fun myself, but personally I don't find it that funny or that wierd. People would make fun of me if I put on a racing helmet to drive my truck to work in the mornings but if I was in a bad wreck it might save my noggin. Is it too much? For me it is, but so is carrying an umbrella on a cloudy day. And I'm not wearing safeties to hang a picture even though the sticker on my hammer insists it's a requirement.

Simply put Dave is enjoying himself and to each his own.

This.

And I'm laughing at how many of these guys are getting upset about it.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Yes. Yes. No. Target Shooting.

This.

And I'm laughing at how many of these guys are getting upset about it.

Well just to keep you going. My Pops makes fun of me when I travel out of state, because. I usually have three guns in the truck. My carry gun for the probable and a fullsize gun handgun and a carbine for the highly unlikely. It's not hard to slip my bag under the seat.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Well just to keep you going. My Pops makes fun of me when I travel out of state, because. I usually have three guns in the truck. My carry gun for the probable and a fullsize gun handgun and a carbine for the highly unlikely. It's not hard to slip my bag under the seat.

If me and my wife go to sonic, we each have a pistol in the door of the car. Overkill? maybe, but I ain't worried about much...

Y'all we're all making fun of me when I loaded all my chit, and had it stashed around my house when all this AS BS started. I could care less if a couple guys on the net think I'm paranoid or scared.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    If me and my wife go to sonic, we each have a pistol in the door of the car. Overkill? maybe, but I ain't worried about much...

Y'all we're all making fun of me when I loaded all my chit, and had it stashed around my house when all this AS BS started. I could care less if a couple guys on the net think I'm paranoid or scared.
    Well I threw my carbine in my truck for a week or three so...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom