The Fusilier Complex "Open House" 9/26

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keano44

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    National Hunting and Fishing day, Saturday, Sept. 26

The range (The Fusilier Complex) will be open to the general public, free of charge, from 8 AM to 6 PM on Saturday Sept. 26 for a sight-in day. This event is held in conjunction with National Hunting & Fishing day. If you have been looking for a place to shoot this is a perfect opportunity to visit, check out the facility, and meet the officers of the club and some of the members.
    Also on Sept. 26, The Fusilier Complex will be hosting "First Shots" programs to introduce people to shooting that have never shot before. The First Shots program was created by the National Shooting Sports Foundation to increase awareness of the shooting sports and increase the number of shooters. There are programs for pistol, rifle, and shotgun shooting. Our publicity chairman, Don Cummins, will have publicity information from the NSSF. The NSSF will provide "loaner" firearms for the First Shots program in addition to the rifles and pistols the club has.
    The website ( http://www.hcrpc.com), while still under construction, has been updated with current information, new pictures, etc. Please check it out.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    The range is east of Arnaudville.
    From I-10:
    Take the Cecilia/Henderson exit (where the Little Capitol Exxon is located) exit Coteau Rodaire (Hwy 686, Exit 115) going north
    Go north to the T with Division Rd. and turn right on Division Rd.
    Cross Bayou Portage at the new bridge
    Take a right on Alex Richard Rd.
    Follow Alex Richard Rd. to the first intersection then turn left (Porte Levee Rd, IIRC)
    Take a left on Ismael Rd.
    Go north to the limestone road that leads to the range

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    No GPS coordinates and not much of an address since it's in the middle of field (though I recall seeing a mailbox on the gate). Don't get scared off: it's actually a lot easier than it sounds.

Since you and I get there via New Iberia, the easiest way is to take Jane Street to St. Martinville, continue through St. Martinville and turn left at the intersection in Parks to Breaux Bridge. When you get to Breaux Bridge, head to I-10 and get on I-10 towards B.R. and get off at the next exit.

Head north (Landry's Seafood Restaurant is on your left, the Little Capitol Exxon is on the right. Stay on this road until it T's with Division Road (no turns 'til then: this is a long stretch...Division Road is east of Arnauldville). Turn right now. Drive a few miles further until you cross a bridge. The road will then T's into Alex Richard Road less than a hundred yards ahead: take a right.

You take a left at the first intersection (Porte Levee), Ismael Road is just a little ways ahead, the next road you come to on the left. Look for the limestone road on your left, turn onto it and you'll see a small sign that says Private Property-Fuselier Complex.

If I can find it, anybody can ;) It's only 41 miles from my house in N.I. going this way.

If you need more info, I'll see you at the IPSO Range or PM me and I'll send you my phone number.

Top Bottom