The Gun Box, a new way to store your weapon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    . Living in the middle of nowhere we like to have a firearm ready…just in case. While owning a firearm for protection isn’t the worst idea in the world, figuring out where to store the gun where it’s easily accessible by you and no one else can be a challenge.

It's called:
    "a holster":p

I don't trust electric devices with my life support equipment. :rolleyes:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    We had a thread on this about four months ago. Anyone want to dig it up?

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    I don't see any way to manually open it. Gunvault has an actual lock cylinder and can still be opened by key if the electricity fails.

If your power goes out, and the battery backup fails, you'd need a blow torch or a sledge hammer to get that open.

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    98150-RAPiD-Safe-keys-in-it.jpg

Looks like you'd have to pop off the keypad to access the lock.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Looks pretty sweet. I would still be hesitant to trust that it is going to work when and if you need it.
    The fiance sent me the link to it. Your post is exactly my thoughts.

Our goal is to keep little kids(our own and friends young ones) out and have access to it in seconds if needed at night.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Just saw an ad on Facebook, went back to BS to see if there were any discussion threads about it. Looks like a neat product. Somewhat pricey though ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Its an aluminum shell. Secure from what? Invading chipmunks?

Kids mostly. It's quick access storage not a safe. None of these types of devices are going to stop a motivated criminal from getting into it with tools. But again, it's not meant to be a safe...which is evident in their videos and literature.

The fiance sent me the link to it. Your post is exactly my thoughts.

Our goal is to keep little kids(our own and friends young ones) out and have access to it in seconds if needed at night.

It works really well for this...which is exactly why I picked them up. The have a motion alarm as well so if your kids pick it up / or tamper with it, you will be alerted.

I don't see any way to manually open it. Gunvault has an actual lock cylinder and can still be opened by key if the electricity fails.

If your power goes out, and the battery backup fails, you'd need a blow torch or a sledge hammer to get that open.

There is a special tool to manually open it.

I still like the setup of the speed vault. They way it mounts and flops open with easy gun access is hard to beat. I have it mounted on the side of the nightstand, that is difficult with the flat mount safes.
    http://www.meijer.com/assets/product_images/styles/xlarge/1000947_SV500_A_400.jpg

I have this one as well and it works pretty well. One of my major concerns was remembering the code under extreme pressure (like the front door busting open in the middle of the night). In the gun training that I've been through, I've realized that pressure will make you do funny things. So IMO, simple is better. In all the tests done trying to get it to malfunction, it never has. The fingerprint reader is 360 degree so no matter how you touch it, it will read your finger. You can also store an RFID chip in your wallet or phone case, etc to use as a "key"...and it works amazingly well. Everyone has different preferences...I just picked the device that best addressed my concerns and for me the gunbox was the only product on the market that did that. I've been very pleased so far.

Top Bottom