The Holy Grail of 300BLK projectiles- finally

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Well after a year of looking for Barnes 110g TAC-TX projectiles, midway finally got a big shipment in. Looking forward to loading them for deer season next year!
    8azy9epu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CmbtEngineer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La.
    What is your load for the Barnes? Also what is your OAl? I just got my Noveske 300blackout in and Im ready to start loading, any other help would be greatly appreaciated as well, Im looking to load super and sub, thanks

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I dont mess with 300blk but looking at those raises a question with me. Why would they not make it with a boattail? i know in my 308 boattail shoots much better than the flat base.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    What is your load for the Barnes? Also what is your OAl? I just got my Noveske 300blackout in and Im ready to start loading, any other help would be greatly appreaciated as well, Im looking to load super and sub, thanks
    For Barnes 110g TAC-TX projectiles, I went with same as the factory load Barnes sells (19.3g H110). I'll post OAL of factory load ammo tomorrow when I can get to that stuff.

I dont mess with 300blk but looking at those raises a question with me. Why would they not make it with a boattail? i know in my 308 boattail shoots much better than the flat base.
    Unless you are using a bonded bullet, the majority of boat-tail bullets suffer from jacket separation during expansion. That's why most hunting bullets are flat based. Bonded bullets are excluded.
    A lot of bench rest shooters use flat base bullets and get better accuracy. However, if you are looking at longer range shooting...say 300+ yds...the boat tail tends to buck the wind better. Guess it depends on how you plan to use it.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Great info thanks.

I have a bunch of subsonic 220 gr factory loads that I'm planning on burning through to reload these. I have a 8.5" barrel SBR, but honestly will be hunting with my Rem 700 AAC tactical.

Patrick

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana

That's kinda comparing apples to apple pie. At the lower velocities of the .300blk the higher B.C. that a boat tail would give you in a 110gr .30 caliber bullet is negligible and probably would have no effect on accuracy. A 110gr .30 caliber bullet is already pretty short. Having to make part of it a boat tail would likely reduce the contact length with the barrel and REALLY make it fly like crap.

Top Bottom