The Moon sabotages Solar Panel grid

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    "Even a brief bit of darkness will effect solar and wind power. ERCOT says it's ready."

Darkness will affect wind power.

Let that sink in a bit. this is what the "news" is putting out there as info. We are all doomed.

"Solar isn’t the only type of renewable energy generation that goes down during an eclipse. Since it’s not as sunny, temperatures along the path of the eclipse fall by as much as 10 degrees Fahrenheit (5.5 degrees Celsius). Lower temperatures lead to slower wind speeds and less wind power generation."

Yes, I know that the suns heat can affect the wind... But we have all stood outside on a nice 100 degree windless day in southern Louisiana... Like all f-ing summer, no wind and plenty of sun. That clown in the article puts out the wind info like he is pointing out the obvious. Not so bozo, lots of factors affect wind speed.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The eclipse may cause a very temporary dip in power, but it won't be noticeable in the grand scheme of things. Weather changes all the time in relation to renewable energy in TX. The path of totality for the eclipse isn't that big either.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    More attacks on solar panels from the sky.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    My wife works in the solar power industry and I work in the nuclear power industry. I have taken tours of solar farms, gone to company functions and have had many questions and answers with the people she works with. Even moonlight will generate a voltage potential at night. Now it is no way greater then the power generated on a clear sunny day. The output various due to cloud cover and time of day. When they rate a facility at say 200 MWe thats average throughout the day as the clouds and the sun moves. I used to think it was 200MWe on a clear day and goes down from there. Not true.

Top Bottom