The Mortuary

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ngarre2

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Covington
    Anyone ever been to that haunted house? Do they have any sign prohibiting guns? Do you get searched or through a metal detector? I am supposed to go this weekend and don't want to be without.

ngarre2

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Covington
    I guess this answers it:

"Do's and Don'ts:
    We do not allow weapons of any kind, alcohol, drugs, smoking, open flames, pets, laser pointers, flash lights, foul language, pushing, vulgar behavior, etc in any of our haunts. You can't take props, damage scenes, or touch our cast. Police, Firemen, and Security details are on duty for your protection and safety. Every area in under night vision video and audio surveillance 24/7. Please enjoy going through the haunt and everyone will have a night to remember."

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have been years ago. I vaguely remember pat downs and metal detectors once you get past the very long line. It's in a pretty bad area and you have to park and walk a good bit. I probably wouldn't go today unless I could carry and had a way in past the line.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Also besides the horror there are some very anti Christian scenes and imagery. Devil worship type stuff. It didn't bother me but it really bothered my date at the time. Just keep that in mind.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You can't take props, damage scenes, or touch our cast.

First no open flames- and now this. WHAT...THE...HELL?? :doh:

What's the fun in going to a haunted house if you aren't free to punch-out the cast members? :confused:

:D Seriously- I think I'd be along the same line of thinking as aroundlsu, on this one....

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I wouldn't go even if I was allowed to carry. Like someone said above, it's not in a good area of town and parking is a hot mess. You are walking several blocks then have to wait in an outrageous line to get in. Not really my cup of tea.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I stay away from haunted houses after I saw some of the construction and electrical wiring at the 13th Gate.

Really surprised that place hasn't burned down with everyone in it!

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    i took my brother and a few friends last week, rules say no weapons flashlights etc. they dont pat down or have metal detectors but they do have LEO at the front and throughout the whole line.

Top Bottom