The new amendment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billy82269

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    DeQuincy, LA
    I have a question about the new amendment. Since we have it now, are we going to still need to pay the state $125 every 4 years to exercise what is now a recognized constitutional right?

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    You could always sue Before you go to jail on the grounds that you'd Like to cc with no permit, but your rights are being violated by the State preventing you from doing so.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    BTW, you get 5 years with your permit. Paying for the permit is worth it anyway, since I travel to Florida and ArKansas on a semi regular basis, it is nice to know I am covered in other states. Now do I believe the government has any position limit the right to keep or bear any arms, up to the highest developed weapons the government posses, or in the way I decide to carry them? NO. Do I have the means to challenge that? NO.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Question, I believe I paid $100 ( due to my age)for 4 years ago next March , has it it increased ? My eyes are too blurry to do the search at this time. Thanks

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You didn't state your current age so I will add to the comments. The renewal fee is $125 for five years unless you are age 65 or older - then it is $62.50.

The CWP renewal course fee is less for a renewal. You will want to schedule your course now as some classes are booked up until January at this point. The current backlog on permit issuing is between 6-8 weeks.

You likely need to figure all of this into your planning so that you will receive your permit in a timely manner.

Question, I believe I paid $100 ( due to my age)for 4 years ago next March , has it it increased ? My eyes are too blurry to do the search at this time. Thanks

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Thanks guys , I am 68 and going to central Fl. for the winter . I need to get busy with the refresher class . Is there a deadline or a too early date ,after taking the class to apply for the renewal ?

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Depending on where you take your renewal - some have the notary work done for you right then and there. If that is the case, your notary work expires in 60 days. The workshop certificate is good for one year.

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    This is from the LSP website regarding renewals. It sounds like there is no "too early date". The LSP site also states that applications can take up to 120 days.

Renewals:
    Permit holders will be notified in writing at their address of record, approximately 120 days prior to the expiration of their permit to begin the renewal process.
    Upon notification, download and complete the Concealed Handgun Permit Application.
    Submit the renewal application with a new passport photograph, a new training certificate, a photocopy of your driver's license, and the appropriate fees.
    The completed application should be returned to the Department no less than 90 days prior to the expiration of the permit to allow sufficient time for processing.
    You must submit your application within 60 days after the expiration date or you will be required to submit a new original application including fingerprints.
    All completed renewal applications must be submitted to:
    Louisiana State Police
    Concealed Handgun Permit Unit
    PO Box 66375
    Baton Rouge, LA 70896

Thanks guys , I am 68 and going to central Fl. for the winter . I need to get busy with the refresher class . Is there a deadline or a too early date ,after taking the class to apply for the renewal ?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom