The New Orleans Times-Picayune

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Tomorrow the nut-sacks go to a three-day a week distribution schedule, and they actually think we're stupid enough to keep our subscription. Me, I treasure my morning paper, and the 30 minutes of relaxation it gives me as well as the fact that the stories in the newspaper tends to go into much more depth than what I get on-line. Tomorrow that all comes to an end. For the owners of the T-P, it's about their bottom-line. For me it's about a 40 year relationship - one of loyalty, one of give and take.

I say screw them and their chickenshit Nola.com website.

Their circulation desk number is 822-6660 for you to drop your subscription.

The Baton Rouge Morning Advocate is certainly no worse than the T-P was, and they circulate in the Greater New Orleans area. Their subscription line is 504-529-0522. Monthly subscription is $14.

I'm bailing.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I understand peoples frustrations with it, but it is a business when its all said and done. If they aren't making money to make it operate at current production, they have to do something about it.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I understand peoples frustrations with it, but it is a business when its all said and done. If they aren't making money to make it operate at current production, they have to do something about it.

Exactly. They're not gonna lose money just so that the 20 old dudes that still read the paper every morning won't whine. I think they should start only publishing the Sunday paper, and spend the money saved on improving their web version.

JMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2007
    SLIDELL , LA
    The advocate has been giving away free papers all week so people can check them out. I cancelled my TP subscription when they did their massive layoff. I won't support them. Seems like the advocate has a much better sports section anyway!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    People still read printed media?

Wifi doesn't reach the toilet, or what? Some let you download their edition, rather than just view it online, if that's the case. :mamoru:

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    theyre not going anywhere just moving from an obsolete medium of delivering the news to the internets, are you really suprised by this? theyre expanding into BR now too btw

Last edited:

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    To each his own gathering the news of the day. The Times Pic is out at our house and the Advocate is in. I use both and do read the paper each morning. We also take the Farmer. Don't cast stones at the older dudes on here. We were you to the greatest generation you will become us.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I understand peoples frustrations with it,

I don't. It's no longer a good way for them to make money. Both parties should be satisfied in a deal. No reason to get mad because you don't have what the other party wants anymore. It's not like you are married to them.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Good riddance!! I got rid of the daily TP subscription 2 years ago and haven't missed a beat. Haven't missed their daily Libtard nonsense either! ;)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Several years ago I called to complain about the liberal content and threatened to cancel my subscription. They said cancel it, we don't care about subscribers, only advertisers, so I did. I haven't looked back since.

I think they honestly believe that advertisers aren't going to cut back just because the paper is delivered less often.
    Now if I could just get them to stop leaving their trash on my lawn every week.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Several years ago I called to complain about the liberal content and threatened to cancel my subscription. They said cancel it, we don't care about subscribers, only advertisers, so I did. I haven't looked back since.

I think they honestly believe that advertisers aren't going to cut back just because the paper is delivered less often.
    Now if I could just get them to stop leaving their trash on my lawn every week.
    I actually still buy the sunday paper for the sale ads, travel, and business sections. Then it goes into the tinder/kindling box by the fireplace along with the "free" thurs Gretna edition they keep tossing every week. (Yeah, I don't recycle either!)

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    The States Item was the afternoon paper. When i was a kid delivering the SI was the best in the eyes of a paperboy. I had a TP paper route and it was a bitch getting up at 4 every morning.

Top Bottom