The plight of the warrior

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    http://www.havokjournal.com/military/recon-marine-wasting-warrior-culture

In my experience, this occurs in all aspects of society. Our "warriors" are used to achieve the overall goal of the organization then pushed to the side or downright cut loose because they are a little to rough around the edges.

I have personally seen this not just in the Marine Corps, but in Law Enforcement at all levels. I have heard of it happening in the FD, and to some of my friends in the corporate world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no "Frank", but For some of us, it is our lot in life. We sit back in obscurity on the sidelines, outcasts because we aren't politically correct enough, or are a little to aggressive or "angry" for every day use, but we are the first ones who get the call when **** goes sideways. Then after its all better, back off to obscurity we go, only to deal with the inevitable questioning of out tactics and approach afterwards.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    i was no Frank but i think i was still a good marine, I got a admin sep with a RE-4 with NO NJPs but few Page 11s this was in 1999, when i was with the RLT-2 they didn't care that i was 275lbs as long as i cound carry all the heavy sh-- stuff the same with SOJTF but as soon as i get to a place that didnt go to the field or deploy they want me down to 235lbs.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    i was no Frank but i think i was still a good marine, I got a admin sep with a RE-4 with NO NJPs but few Page 11s this was in 1999, when i was with the RLT-2 they didn't care that i was 275lbs as long as i cound carry all the heavy sh-- stuff the same with SOJTF but as soon as i get to a place that didnt go to the field or deploy they want me down to 235lbs.

I hear ya. We had some Meat Heads 31's in our platoon that could ruck the 240, tri-pod and the a-bag
    all day. But boy when the tape came around they gave them three kinds of **** and put them on weight control.

I mean these dudes looked like Heavy Weight Boxers,
    but the retarded Naval Measuring system, which is about as useless as BMI,
    said they were over weight. So dumb.

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    The military height and weight program has always had problems. When I was station in Hawaii 95-98 we had a 13F Forward Observer that was Airborne with a Ranger Tab that was Native Hawaiian. The guy won a Military Circle Island Iron-man competition and was chaptered out six months latter for being overweight.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I just find it ironic that the military in a country where everyone gets a second chance, a trophy, or a hug as needed does not afford second consideration to a guy who clearly made the best of his second chance and excels in his role in the military.

After all the military is about breaking ****, blowing **** up and killing people, isn't it?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    After all the military is about breaking ****, blowing **** up and killing people, isn't it?

Depends on who's in charge.

Salt Dogs want the job done,
    and will loosen the leash accordingly.

Pencil Pushers just don't comprehend that.

So now that the Military is (back in Garrison) per say
    there's no room for salty war fighters who like to tear **** up and get loud.

I'm sure we're not the only one's who have had to deal with this
    when the Military returns to Garrison Mode.

But still shitty nonetheless.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Depends on who's in charge.

Salt Dogs want the job done,
    and will loosen the leash accordingly.

Pencil Pushers just don't comprehend that.

So now that the Military is (back in Garrison) per say
    there's no room for salty war fighters who like to tear **** up and get loud.

I'm sure we're not the only one's who have had to deal with this
    when the Military returns to Garrison Mode.

But still shitty nonetheless.

Reminds me of, "Jack: A Soldiers Story". It happens in other militaries as well.

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    It is always the fatties that complain where are all the skinny grunts that have to eat extra and struggle to walk with a 35lb ruck

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom