The plot thickens..........

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    A woman was arrested today for what amounts to a straw purchase of the AR-15 and shotgun from Gander Mountain used by the murderer in the assassination of firemen on Christmas Eve in New York State. :eek4:

So, what we have is a convicted murderer obtaining wepons used in a double homicide in much the same way that our Federal Goverment "walked" guns to the Mexician Cartels in "Fast and Furious"! :flamed:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I don't see your point? Of the lady bought guns on the murderers behalf she broke the law I hope she gets
    The buisness.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I think he refers to the hypocrisy of ATF charging her with a crime that they institutionalized with impunity. Kinda shatters one's faith in the 14th Amendment's assurance of equal protection under the law, don't you think?

A criminal enterprise accusing someone of crime. Sheeesh.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Fast and Furious was a ill conceived mess. Do you guys realize that LE Agencies do buy bust and controlled deliveries of narcotics regularly? Does this mean its hypocrisy for the gov to charge people with selling crack.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I believe it is dead wrong for the government to place itself above any law it imposes on the people. PERIOD. Else, why should any of us give a rat's ass about obeying them.

The answer to your question is yes. I read somewhere that our nation is unique because of the rule of law, not men.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Interesting. Well I'm off to buy some dope. Apparently since I'm doing it as part of an LE Operation it makes it legal tonight. Have fun folks an your welcome. Do you feel murder should be legalized also? Because the gov kills folks at home and abroad everyday.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I think he refers to the hypocrisy of ATF charging her with a crime that they institutionalized with impunity. Kinda shatters one's faith in the 14th Amendment's assurance of equal protection under the law, don't you think?

A criminal enterprise accusing someone of crime. Sheeesh.

Leonidas gets it!!!!:bigok:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I think one must make the distinction between killing and murder. As to the latter, as far as legalizing it, perhaps we should ask Randy Weaver's wife and son, or some of the folks who used to live in Waco.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Interesting. Well I'm off to buy some dope. Apparently since I'm doing it as part of an LE Operation it makes it legal tonight. Have fun folks an your welcome. Do you feel murder should be legalized also? Because the gov kills folks at home and abroad everyday.

Can I get in on the shenanigans?

Does t hat mean we can throw a party tonight?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I'd much prefer it to one in which the government is empowered to do any damned thing it wishes, as long as they think the means justify the ends. Given your oath, I would think that you would feel the same way.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Given my oath I realize the value that the intel gathered from operations like FaF provides. I lament the ATF botched it so badly. A lady bought guns for her violent felon boyfriend, he used them to murder fire fighters. I hope she gets stretch time.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I also think most of the people in this country are woefully under informed about FaF because they get their info from the cable news and bloggers.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Are you saying that the dead victims of some of those guns, in Mexico, aren't really dead, or the BP agent? Or are you saying they were botched?

You want to throw the book at a woman who may have been complicit in the deaths of 4, but Eric Holder and the rest skate for complicity in the deaths of hundreds!

For Godsakes, what agency are you with, SAVAK or ton ton macoute?

Enlighten me with the truth about Gunwalker. Did ATF, for whatever reason, facilitate strawman purchases? Yes or no?

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    No there should be consequences. The operation goes back to Bush 1. It was an intel operation run by an angencu that's not intel focused it was a mess from start to finish. Sometimes in trying to accomplish good things people over reach. I think the last two Attorneys General should be held accountable. Criminally if warranted. At the same time I have an intimate knowledge of some of the DTOs targeted and I believe they are exactly what They have been characterized as; a clear and present danger to the security of this country. I believe actionable intel was collected. I'm not qualified to say it was worth the lives lost as a result. Time will tell.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Running guns illegally just to catch a few bad guys at the cost of many, many innocent lives (our own LEO included), is never the right strategy. Buying dope as an UC agent is equally risky, though on a smaller scale. You, VG, risk your life to do such a thing. There are much less risky ways to catch bad guys, through narcs, intel, and the like. The risk isn't worth the reward.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    They weren't running guns to catch a few bad guys they were trying to collect intel and understand the structure and networks by which the cartels arm themselves. That kind of network analysis is vital. Unfortunately it's not what ATF does and they screwed it up. It doesn't mean we should not prosecute straw buyers.

Top Bottom