The shooters club

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Can anyone give me first hand feedback on this range? I am itching to shoot and it's not far from the hospital! My home "range" is precision so was looking for feedback.

thanks,kpm

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    You referring to the one in Harahan? That's the only one I know of and it is a ways away from Precision and Pville.

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Shooter's club/ jefferson gun on david drive?

it's ok. a little pricey to me. ventilation is good. nice little range. knowledgeable staff even if the service isn't always great. but it's the closest one to me. I've only shot there three or four times though.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I prefer the one on Hickory in Harahan. IIRC it is longer and has more lanes. Plus being in Harahan keeps out some of the less than desirable customers that frequent the store on David Dr.

The guy working the front can be crabby, but I get my shooting done and that's it.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    Harahan (Hickory) has many lanes and is 25 yds. Bright, decent ventilation, no equipment for sale.

David Drive is 3 lanes, 10 yds, low light level on the range, ventilation OK. I shoot there weekly but at off hours when I usually have the range to myself, Tues, Wed, Thurs 11 AM or 2 PM. Full service Dealer and lots of rental handguns. I get along well with the employees and like them.

Harahan closed Monday, David Dr closed Sunday.

Last edited:

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Let me add to it that ammo is priced sky high on Hickory since it is a range only, not really a store. They have IIRC all Glock models to rent, a few 1911, a few revolvers, maybe an XD or 2? They do sell most of the popular mags, some cheap holsters, range bags, hand cuffs, a few flash lights, and some cleaning supplies.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I shoot at both the David and Hickory locations.

The previous posts are pretty accurate. Bring your own ammo. VERY pricey stuff if bought on site.

Choose the Hickory location IMO. Much brighter lighting, longer lanes, MUCH better ventilation.

Just my .02.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    They are owned by the same folks. The range @ Jefferson Gun is a ******** and primarily intended for their CHP classes. Shooter's Club on Hickory is nice, and if you plan to shoot more than once a month spring for the Gold membership, it really lowers the overall cost especially when you bring friends with you.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    The Hickory range is nice but I go the one on David mostly. I'm not sure if the old dude will let me shoot my subgun on Hickory. I wish Hickory was made to shoot rifles in. :wtc: I hate having to go so far to shoot long guns.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    They are owned by the same folks. The range @ Jefferson Gun is a ******** and primarily intended for their CHP classes. Shooter's Club on Hickory is nice, and if you plan to shoot more than once a month spring for the Gold membership, it really lowers the overall cost especially when you bring friends with you.

I believe that the CHP classes have been moved to Hickory.

dukeryder

RedRyder Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2007
    New Orleans
    Yup it's $14.50/hr and like 5 per additional shooter.

Mike (The guy that works the counter most of the time) has always been super friendly and helpful.

I just pay for the range time, never buy targets or anything there. It's the nicest range in the area. I've only been to that range at the store once, it's too small.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom