The Taste of Louisiana Sans the Salt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    I find that by the time I get enough heat with Tony Chachere's the food is then too salty. Over the years we developed some work arounds to add heat without adding more Tony's. It really wasn't all that big of a deal, until I was given a sample bottle of Red Claw Cajun Seasoning by the guy who developed and markets it. His sons and my son are taking karate together and we talk while they're in class. I had complained about Tony Chachere's being too salty so he went to his car and got me a bottle. Now we buy it locally at the supermarket and we like it.... a LOT.

Our boy's Godmother is VERY allergic (like end up in the ER allergic) of gluten, so when we seen that it is gluten free we took a bottle to her. She absolutely LOVES it. She is one who doesn't like too much heat, and as she told us; even if you don't want more heat than Tony Chachere's brings you can still add Red Claw to your desired spiciness and end up with lower salt content all while MSG and gluten free. It's a win win.

Right now Red Claw is in most South Louisiana grocery stores as well as being available online. However, I do have some friends in California who have talked to their grocer and now their grocer carries it. Short of making my own spice mixture, this nails it.

redclawcajunseasoning_zps6430e223.jpg

Last edited:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Our meat is seasoned with - red pepper, salt, garlic powder(my fav), onion powder, and depending what we're having, various other things. Those are the main ones we use. I would like to find a blend I like, will def look for a bottle of this stuff.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I rarely use the blends. Never know when the sausage might have more kick, or the ham might be saltier. I'd rather just use what I need after I see how the ingredients fall.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I don't care too much for Tony's. Too Salty for my taste.

I like Nancy's Red Dirt(Exclusive to Jena, LA)

Also use Foreman's Seasoning and Mrs Dash is pretty good too.

Depending on what meat I'm cooking I use a plethora of Weber Seasonings that are fantastic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom