The Thin Blue Line

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    After coming home from Desert Storm I thought life would be easy, but after getting out of the Corps something was missing in my life.
    On August 14th of 2000 I joined the ranks of the Thin Blue Line with The Baton Rouge City Police. Little did I know that in just shy of 17 years that I would loose 9 of my Brothers in the line of duty. This is a price that is hard on my heart.
    Last Sunday we lost two of our Brothers at BRPD and another from the East Baton Rouge Sheriff. One other Deputy is still fighting for his life. Two more of my Brothers were in the hospital.
    I know that some of you have seen the video of the shooting that was put on you tube of the Officers shot and killed in Baton Rouge LA.. The Officers that kept arriving all knew that our Brothers had been ambushed by a man with a rifle. Knowing that the vest we wear is only rated for handgun ammo. This did not stop them. We do not run from the sound of gun fire.

The worst thing that an officer can hear on his radio is "Officer Down, or, Shots Fired. Officer Down ." This cuts to the bone because, you know that person. I have made that call and heard it to many times in the last 17 years. I pray to God that my Brothers and I never have to hear it again, but we know it will come across our radios again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3hFn71eQ40

I knew one of our Officers that was killed, Officer Montrell Jackson. Jackson was a fine officer, a good man and a new father. He loved the city that he worked for. I know that he is in the hands of God now. Today we will lay him to rest.

The day after our Brothers were killed, while out on a call, a lady gave me a huge. It took almost everything I had to keep from breaking down in tears in her arms.
    I was asked by someone, How could I do my job in times like these, My answer was " I didn't know how not to."

For those of us that make up Thin Blue Line, no matter the hardships, or the pain of loosing our Brothers, we will be here for you. Our hearts are broken, but our spirit will never be.
    So I say to you, "Surround yourself with men that run to the sound of gun fire and you will always be protected"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR_6inBrtwQ

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    My wife was LE when we got together. I'd go meet her for dinner during her shifts and I hated hearing the radio go off for fight calls or whatever, and she'd get up and run out the door and I'd have to finish dinner by myself wondering what was going on. It was worse waiting for her to come home and she'll be late usually just stuck on traffic accident call, but it definitely makes the mind wonder. The majority of it was ok, but there were some scary situations she was in that I wanted her nowhere around.

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys, and your families everyday. It's hard watching someone you love run head on into a situation that they'll be there by themselves for a few minutes before backup arrives. Those days are over for me, but I know what your families deal with, and I pray for them as much as I do for you! Stay safe guys, and I think you see that the BR community and the state of LA are behind you.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Thanks for doing the job. There are many people critical of the way the job gets done and I would like to offer each and every one of those critics the opportunity to put their life one the line to do that job and see if their attitude changes.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    JeeperCreeper could not put it any better.

*My thoughts and prayers are with you guys, and your families everyday. It's hard watching someone you love run head on into a situation that they'll be there by themselves for a few minutes before backup arrives. Those days are over for me, but I know what your families deal with, and I pray for them as much as I do for you! Stay safe guys, and I think you see that the BR community and the state of LA are behind you.*

Just to add my prayers to that and for you to stay safe and to ALL! LE’s THANK YOU for your service.
    Wingate

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    My thoughts and prayers are with you guys, and your families everyday. It's hard watching someone you love run head on into a situation that they'll be there by themselves for a few minutes before backup arrives. Those days are over for me, but I know what your families deal with, and I pray for them as much as I do for you! Stay safe guys, and I think you see that the BR community and the state of LA are behind you.

+1 here....a big thank you to all of our LEOs for what you do. It surely isn't easy being a law officer today. It is most definitely a thin blue line between a peaceful society, and anarchy.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    It took me a long time to appreciate LEO. Let's just say I was a lil unruly in my teens. Mom and Dad were both leo. I was arrested and brought in by my own mother. It was years later that I learned to appreciate the badge when a LEO put his life on the line to pull me and Dad out of a mangled burning truck. Now days every time I see a Leo I wave or give a thumbs up.I'll pay for their coffee or meal when I can. It's a hard dangerous job. I go to work worried that we will be ready to pour concrete or worried that my boss is on a rampage. LEO go to work worried that they may notake it home. ALL LEO have my respect. Even the State trooper that wrote me the speeding ticket this morning. He got a thank you and a hand shake after I sighned the ticket. So to all LEO nation wide. THANK YOU !!! You do a job that I myself could not do

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Thank y'all so much for the kind words.
    I just got back from the church. I did not stay for the funeral, I just went to say good-by to my brother, Jackson. I'm just not good with funerals and could not stay.
    I left a Thin Blue Line paracord bracelet on his casket .
    My youngest son, Isaac, is 12yo. About 2 years ago he and I started a small side business called Father And Son Paracord. We've been making and selling paracord bracelets at farmers markets and the gun show. Isaac asked if we could make and give Thin Blue Line bracelets to police officers. We plan to have 100 of them made for the gun show at Lamar Dixon this coming weekend to give to any LEO that comes to our table.
    God Bless all.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Amen brother... I had extra duty friday and regular today, but I went to Brad's funeral saturday... one of the hardest days of my career. I've got 10 years on the road but seeing all those people out there supporting us got me good and choked up, still does when I think about it.

If we can work out the logistics I'd like one of those bracelets from you and your boy.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Thank you for your service overseas and at home. There are those of us that appreciate it and know not all cops are bad.

I just returned from the jambalaya benefit for Nick Tullier. We weren't able to purchase food because of how many people were there. There were hundreds of people that turned out! Almost shut down Choctaw. Thank you to United Rentals for hosting a great event. We left a donation, luckily I had a can of soup at the office. It's just great to see a community come together in these dark times.

And to go along with OOPS, I was a bad kid myself, but never blamed LEO's for my stupidity. I've always treated them with respect, and received it in return. I have nothing bad to say about our LEO community, and receive my speeding tickets with a smile and a thank you.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    My youngest son, Isaac, is 12yo. About 2 years ago he and I started a small side business called Father And Son Paracord. We've been making and selling paracord bracelets at farmers markets and the gun show. Isaac asked if we could make and give Thin Blue Line bracelets to police officers. We plan to have 100 of them made for the gun show at Lamar Dixon this coming weekend to give to any LEO that comes to our table.
    God Bless all.

What are yalls usual going rate for them? I need a new once since i gave my last one away.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Amen brother... I had extra duty friday and regular today, but I went to Brad's funeral saturday... one of the hardest days of my career. I've got 10 years on the road but seeing all those people out there supporting us got me good and choked up, still does when I think about it.

If we can work out the logistics I'd like one of those bracelets from you and your boy.
    If your not able to make it to the Gunshow, but a friend can. Just have them tell my the Bracelet is for you and I will give it to them for you. They will need to let me know what size.

What are yalls usual going rate for them? I need a new once since i gave my last one away.

Bracelets start at $5 for basic
    24vr7zn.jpg

$10 with charm
    95twz5.jpg

$15 with ss/tab
    2cpxifp.jpg

The Basic Thin Blue Line Bracelets will be Free to all LEOs, and $5 off the others. I will also extend this offer to Fire and EMS.
    I will extend to all members of Bayou Shooters, If you buy a basic TBL Bracelet I'll give you $5 anything else you buy. Hell make that $5 off two or more bracelets.

I have right at 60 of the thin blue line bracelets made right now and should have just 100 or more to give away at the gunshow. Sizes will run from 7" to 10".
    I'm placing another order for another 1000 feet of black cord so that I can make more if needed.

For LEOs that can't make it to the gunshow, We can work things out to get you a bracelet.

Thanks again for all the support and the love shown for my fallen Brothers.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Candyman,

can you mail em? Do you do paypal? I refuse to pay an admission to spend my money (gun shows). I have not been to a gun show in 10 years plus.

I'm interested in the basic blue line. Nice work BTW.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Received this email from a good friend of mine who is retired from NYPD Emergency Services Unit. Nick spent several YEARS assigned to Ground Zero in NY and is a cop's cop. Thought I would post it here for my fellow LEOs. THis is a hard time for us, but WE WILL PREVAIL. It is what we do!

RE: Broken Heart!!

I think it is so cool that your department is able to send support to Baton Rouge. Don’t lose faith, there are plenty of good people out there supporting the police, they just aren’t as vocal or don’t have access to the media like some. Just stay safe, think tactics every time you are out there. My younger daughter has been dating a young cop for about a year now, I drum tactics into his head each time I see him (he is going to get tired of coming over). He comes from a family of cops, one of which has an amazing story that I have to share with you sometime.

The NYPD’s various unions have messages on their web sites to donate to Dallas and Baton Rouge, I hope there is a great response, I hope our folks remember the support they received during the 11th and last year when our 2 cops were executed (Ramos and Liu) in Brooklyn. The Nassau County (on long island, just outside NYC limits) Police Unions had a large fundraiser last week which I attended (link below). The must have been several thousand people there when I stopped by. I am not sure how much they raised to date but it has to be in the tens of thousands, all going to Dallas and Baton Rouge!

https://www.nassaupba.org/community...ons-host-fundraiser-families-dallas-and-baton

The stark reminder on how serious all of this is, was the fact that the venue where the event took place was being guarded by cops in heavy vests and long arms. Imagine that, it is like we are becoming a third world country, cops with M4s standing post. I hope it won’t get worse.

Be safe pal!

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Candyman,

can you mail em? Do you do paypal? I refuse to pay an admission to spend my money (gun shows). I have not been to a gun show in 10 years plus.

I'm interested in the basic blue line. Nice work BTW.
    PM me your info and I will get one in the mail to you.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom