The top 5 overrated firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Completely discredited by lack of Judge.

Salient point and agreed. IMO the Judge is the most talked-about/bought "worst of both worlds" handgun and it needs to be on there for the list to be credible. Things like the AK make sense due to the amount of internet pissing matches, etc. on there. The XD... not so much. His argument may/may not have its place regarding the XD, but I don't see any real buzz controversy or mention of the XD like I do that hillbilly handcannon.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    i cant buy into the AK being overrated. on the average they perform, as good as most people claim.
    internet says they are reliable. they are. I built my first AK 10 years ago, with a hand drill, dremel & screws instead of rivets. That gun still shoot today with no problems
    the biggest problem with the AK, is that too many bashers & posers, want to put it against the AR platform. Apples and oranges the AK was designed in 1945 and implemented into service in 1948. It was intended to be a carbine/rifle capable of semi/full automatic fire and hit a man sized target at distance with reliability. It does that.
    Its not lighter than an AR, it cannot match AR accuracy or rate of fire, and has a sloppy trigger

But run steel/brass case ammo through it, and it doesn't care, sand/grit in the gas tube, it doesn't care.

how is that over rated?

now I agree the Taurus Judge, should have made the list. many people own a Judge for self defense. Most will never hit a bad guy. The anticipation of recoil, from 3" 410 buckshot, in a pistol, makes them blink & flinch.
    I like the term hillybilly handcannon

DixieXD

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Northshore
    Made ya look, made ya think, made ya laugh.
    Fumed a bit when he ended up with my beloved XD, so I had to re-read it to laugh again.
    For a round with "massive stopping power" ironic that 10mm users tend to have thin skin. Now that's MY attempt at humor.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Made ya look, made ya think, made ya laugh.
    Fumed a bit when he ended up with my beloved XD, so I had to re-read it to laugh again.
    For a round with "massive stopping power" ironic that 10mm users tend to have thin skin. Now that's MY attempt at humor.

You must've missed the "why is 10mm unpopular" thread. Feelings were hurt!

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    The Glock should have been on there instead of the XD. Its the most overrated pistol there is. If you pay a 100 more for a Glock over and XD, you just lost a 100 more of your money. Every XD I have shot is a lot more accurate than any Glock I have shot with superior grip, trigger pull, and ergonomics. The Glock is a good gun but its not the best thing since sliced auto pistol bread nor is the antiquated 1911 design.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'll wager that any of my glocks are as accurate or more accurate than your XDs when fired from a ransom rest. Your inability to shoot the pistol accurately doesn't make the pistol inaccurate, it makes you inaccurate with that gun.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I share some of the opinions here as to guns that should have made the list in place of others. I believe the writer suffers from P-08 envy, is pissed because he didn't get on the AK train while they were cheap and doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to shoot, much less carry either the M14 or Nagant. Otherwise, the article was a good read.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Could we all agree to add a M14 machine gun to the list? Just saw it on GB and thinking about "anyone" controlling the gun in full auto made me laugh out loud.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I'll wager that any of my glocks are as accurate or more accurate than your XDs when fired from a ransom rest. Your inability to shoot the pistol accurately doesn't make the pistol inaccurate, it makes you inaccurate with that gun.

oof. While I agree, your way of saying it was about as gentle as steel wool.

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Funny read,

But on a serious note, EVERY firearm is overrated by someone.... and underrated for that matter.

Well except for Hi-Point, that's just a sick joke, like putting a peace symbol AND "Born to Kill" on your helmet.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'll take my Glock or 1911 over a Springfield XD any day.

I've fired a Springfield XD 5" Tactical 9mm, XDm 4.5" 9mm, XD 4" 45acp, & XDm 4.5" 45acp. I liked them, but I would only buy the 5" Tactical 9mm if it were a steal.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    If I were writing that list, the M&P Shield would be on it too! While I do own one, I think it is a tad bit overrated and I do not understand why they were in short supply for so long. I picked one up after the Sandy Hook incident and oddly, I was always able to find ammo for it, whereas 9mm and .45 were tough to find for a while. In other words, I was able to keep practicing!

Top Bottom