the truth about the power of AK47

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    older video i just found on youtube i laugh every time they pop a water melon

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgr3kTU68uw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgr3kTU68uw[/ame]

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    That's some pretty pisspoor trigger discipline on that AK right there!:rofl:
    +11ty billion on the BHP "tactical" reload!:rofl::rofl:

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    haha yea there s acouple videos on youtube,showing "ugly'' guns against the safe hunting guns and how the media twist the facts but dont look like youll see them o tv anytime soon

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    haha yea there s acouple videos on youtube,showing "ugly'' guns against the safe hunting guns and how the media twist the facts but dont look like youll see them o tv anytime soon
    Well in all fairness that video is a bit of trickery as well. Had he loaded the AK with soft points, or loaded the others with FMJ, the results would have been much closer. Not to mention shooting watermelons isn't exactly scientific. :rofl:

But that's always been the game...one side twists the facts so the other side does the same thing in response. The truth is usually right in the middle somewhere.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Well in all fairness that video is a bit of trickery as well. Had he loaded the AK with soft points, or loaded the others with FMJ, the results would have been much closer. Not to mention shooting watermelons isn't exactly scientific. :rofl:

But that's always been the game...one side twists the facts so the other side does the same thing in response. The truth is usually right in the middle somewhere.

On this one, not really. Though the methods used exaggerated the effects of other rounds versus x39, the truth is that those rounds ARE more powerful than the 7.62X39 with the exception of the bird shot at close range, that was just sillyness.

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    yea i giggled everytime a melon exploded haha,,,but i think from uninformed people that only know what the news tells them or anti gun people tell them,,seeing the safe hunter rifles are more powerful,,,,he also does explain the soft tips of the hunters rounds...i thought it was far enough,, same thing with the tec and BHP same ammo and with someone else reloading it you can have just as many rounds at your disposal.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    I was talking to some lib the other day, he was trying to argue there is no reason to own a powerful AK or "assault weapon" and the only weapon that should be permitted is a handgun or shotgun. (nevermind that handguns are more commonly used in crimes, not that that should restrict ownership on handguns either).

BTW, he is an Obama voter...they dont let logic get in the way of their arguments.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    He aggravates me with some of the way he says things. 7.6239 is one of the things he says that just gets under my skin for some reason.

Hey....he cant be all that bad, he talked about Chuck Connors......THEEEEEE RIFLEMAN!!!!

"We didn't fake that, there was no grenade in that watermelon"

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    this is a better video
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjM9fcEzSJ0&feature=related[/ame]

(although he is incorrect/misleading about NFA ownership)

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Well, the 7.62x39 is a very penetrating, piercing round. More than likely it passed thru the melon without expending much energy. Yes, ft. pds. of energy wise the other rifle rounds have a bit more. But it's obvious as an offensive or defensive round, the 7.62x39 is considerably effective.

Top Bottom