The type of Government we have explained.............Must Watch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Good video, but 9 out of 10 people who watch it, and agree with it, will still support the Democratic form of government we have now. They will vote for the lesser of two evils and support the two party (one party) government we have. They will support anti-constitutional acts of our government, as long as it is for something they believe in.

American's don't want a Constitutional Republic anymore. Nor do they want to adhere to the beliefs of the founding fathers when it comes to war and foreign interventionism. They want 51% of the people to dictate what rights the other 49% have. If they are on the winning team, they are happy. If they are on the loosing team, they are protesting.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    In other words a bunch of selfish, lazy bastards with no standards or values......didn't want to take time out of their busy day unless they get the free handout !!!!:bigok:
    Good video, but 9 out of 10 people who watch it, and agree with it, will still support the Democratic form of government we have now. They will vote for the lesser of two evils and support the two party (one party) government we have. They will support anti-constitutional acts of our government, as long as it is for something they believe in.

American's don't want a Constitutional Republic anymore. Nor do they want to adhere to the beliefs of the founding fathers when it comes to war and foreign interventionism. They want 51% of the people to dictate what rights the other 49% have. If they are on the winning team, they are happy. If they are on the loosing team, they are protesting.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Isn't this the natural progression of most all civilizations?

Except that as far as right now, we are an armed populace?

I’m not a pessimistic Patty, but America has, is and will continue to change from that in which it was founded upon.

America will never go back to the way it was, it’s simply not going to happen. At least not without something cataclysmic, spawned by those who wish it to be and only if they are successful.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    YEP.

I’m not a pessimistic Patty, but America has, is and will continue to change from that in which it was founded upon.

America will never go back to the way it was, it’s simply not going to happen. At least not without something cataclysmic, spawned by those who wish it to be and only if they are successful.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011

Agreed. There are so many social dynamics that evolve and change after the establishment of a sovereignty that it'd be foolish to think that things will ever just stay the way they are. There is no absolute solution to governing a society, it's iterative. Always has been, always will be.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Agreed. There are so many social dynamics that evolve and change after the establishment of a sovereignty that it'd be foolish to think that things will ever just stay the way they are. There is no absolute solution to governing a society, it's iterative. Always has been, always will be.

Were thinking along the same lines but then this pops into my brain housing group…

...then along came America......

Will America have another America Moment? …sigh…looks bleak….but

I sure hope so.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I hate to sound bleak but, in my opinion, no. Living in a representative republic like we do, our government's priorities will evolve to match the popular opinion of it's citizens, in most cases. As long as the compositions and priorities of the citizens change (unless there is a regime change), law will continue to evolve. And I don't just mean more immigrants, more African Americans, etc... Even as the next generation begins to practice their ability to have an impact on the law, things will change. On average, younger people tend to be more accepting of gay marriage rights, welfare etc... So try, as the older generation may, to fight these things tooth and nail, it's only a matter of time until they cycle out of the voting majority and the inevitability of change happens.

In my opinion, the best form of government at maintaining the status quo is a dictatorship. Regardless of the evolving demographics of the population, the sole ruler's priorities and opinions aren't likely to change. Until there is a coup, things remain pretty constant. Shitty, but constant.

On the subject of moving toward an Oligarchy. Greed is part of human nature, and even in a country where people try to govern themselves, government becomes a necessary evil. Then we find that particularly greedy people have a knack for finding ways to win, be it in government or industry, because they don't carry guilt. As long as people want change, a democratic facet must exist in a republic, to serve as the institution to agree on change. As long as people are greedy (always) democracy isn't sustainable because they will find a way to control the change...ergo oligarchy.

Sorry, no matter how obvious it is and how many times I've said the same thing, I always get long winded in these discussions. Probably should have studies PoliSci or Sociology since I love ranting about it so much.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom