The U turn president.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    As with most articles regarding the POTUS, the comments to this one don't fail to entertain....

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    His ideology has doomed his judgement! For the most part, Americans understand and empathize with mistakes, errors in judgement, changes of opinion, etc..

If you think this Pretender is the wrong guy for the position or you just hate him for being half black that is fine. You may never change your position. But I would surmise if this knucklehead would just be honest about his so called flip flops, he would surely convert alot of people who have not seen entirely through his BS or his failure as a President.

The problem for him and these other Democrats is they lie to get in (in fairness they are all s**t), then have to perpetuate the lie with more lies and more rhetoric to cover their tracks on why they had to concede or change.

Who didn't know that he couldn't pull the troops out of Iraq if elected when he campaigned on that except starstruck democrats and the free **** society? If this Pretender explains to the fair mined Americans why he had to change his mind, he's back in the game. He could have done that all along, but the power to be in control is so obsessively unbridled in these politicians they cannot help themselves.

This guy is not stupid! He has no experience, he has no leadership qualities, no clue on foreign policy, and is an unyielding ideaologue; but he is not stupid!

Thank God the collective bunch of them are!

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    There is a perfect explanation for his inability to stay with any course of action.

This is a half black / half white guy who identifies himself as black and has written that he does "not trust white people." Can you guess at the turmoil when the 2 halves debate one another. Schizophrenia, anyone. We friggen elected Sybil.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There is a perfect explanation for his inability to stay with any course of action.

This is a half black / half white guy who identifies himself as black and has written that he does "not trust white people." Can you guess at the turmoil when the 2 halves debate one another. Schizophrenia, anyone. We friggen elected Sybil.

His half black / half white existence is a marriage of convenience.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles

That's probably why he's covering up his birth certificate. He probably was born in Hawaii, it just lists his race as white.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    While he has had some failures he also has had many achievements. I just wish he would end the wars.

He can't, never was, and never could! Those who fell for that BS on the campaign trail are just plain silly!

This is exactly why a 3 1/2 year Senator should never be elected to run the world. If the media love fest for his holiness would have took a breather for 10 minutes during the campaign to stop and tell the truth, this guy is not a blip on the radar.

But as I said in another thread, the ideologues in the Democratic party were so hell bent on getting their guy in there, and knew they couldn't contro the Clintons, they were willing to experiement with our country and our lives to make this happen.

I am hesitant to ask you (only because of some of your past posts), exactly what was some of his achievements?

Pookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    All politicians flip-flop. As for Obama, I don't think he's so much an idealogue as he is a pragmatist, and believed the success he had at bringing people together as head of the Harvard Law Review would work in Washington. I just don't think he was prepared for how partisan politics at the Federal level can be. And since the midterm election, it's more partisan than ever, as many moderates in either party were defeated. Now, Republicans in the House are much further to the right, while the remaining Democrats are generally the most liberal.

As for whether Obama does or doesn't trust white people, I know many on the far right have cherry-picked passages from his books and rearranged, redacted, or otherwise distorted what he actually wrote in the hope of making him look like an anti-white racist... nonsense.

I really do think Karab Amabo is your man!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'll assume just for a minute that the people he brought together at Harvard weren't all staunch liberals with the same end in mind for society, but that is going to be a stretch for me. If this guy is pragmatist, then I am an ostrich!

I would agree they all flip flop. But if any of them had the courage to explain why it IS necessary, and not just because of compromise, to change one's position in this constanlty changing world wide geopolitical landscape because of unknown or unforseen consequences, I believe they would survive the ploitical fall out. This guy is dislpaying the worst example of how not to flip flop in politics modern man has seen.

As for the midterms, the country woke up and clearly saw the arrogance, snobbery, and careless attitude by a fully democratically controlled Congress and White House and used an old physics formula. For every action is an equal or opposite reaction.

That outcome falls squarely on the democrats themselves.

As for partisan politics at the federal level, did he think it was a quilting bee? You run for president with experience to be the president and you know exactly what is happening up there before you arrive. When you don't, you get this pretender.

Pookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    When he became the head of the HLR, he angered many liberals on the Review by appointing several outspoken conservatives to key positions, and many of them commended his leadership and his pragmatism. Some still do.

Some of what you characterize as the "worst example" strikes me as pragmatic. For example, he promised he'd close down Guantanamo, but when it became clear he didn't have the support, he let it go and moved on. I don't think he changed his mind about it... he simply realized there was nothing more he could do (or calculated that it wasn't worth the political risk).

I think there's already buyer's remorse since the midterms (there usually is). Already, the Tea Party (I'll stop calling them tea baggers, okay?) has declined in popularity, particularly among moderates and independents. I think the reaction we're likely to see in 2012 is the return of more moderates from both parties. And unless the Republicans can find someone who isn't as loony as the current crop of presidential contenders, Obama will be reelected. (I've read that Giuliani has been thinking about it).

No, I'm sure he didn't think Washington would be a quilting bee. But I believe every modern president has commented (in one way or another) that it's impossible to really understand what you're getting into until you're actually sitting in the Oval Office.

And I continue to argue that you'd get more traction if you focused exclusively on what Obama DOES, and not who he is (black, funny name, lapsed Muslim father, etc.).

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am not one of those that care about his race. I am more incensed at how the vast majority of the so called mass media gave this guy a pass because it was important to them. No one, not even a phony liberal should be pleased at how this guy got propped up.

Had true investigative journalism showed up, he is discounted as the front runner because of his baggage and overall his unbelielvable lack of experience.

The great white guilt ridden social experiment is over! Lowering the standards or the bar for the poor black presidiential candidate is no better than lowering test scores for inner city kids bcause they are black.

BRBrett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    He can't, never was, and never could! Those who fell for that BS on the campaign trail are just plain silly!

This is exactly why a 3 1/2 year Senator should never be elected to run the world. If the media love fest for his holiness would have took a breather for 10 minutes during the campaign to stop and tell the truth, this guy is not a blip on the radar.

But as I said in another thread, the ideologues in the Democratic party were so hell bent on getting their guy in there, and knew they couldn't contro the Clintons, they were willing to experiement with our country and our lives to make this happen.

I am hesitant to ask you (only because of some of your past posts), exactly what was some of his achievements?

I'll post some achievements here when I get back tonight, I'm getting ready for an archery comp and just checking the boards. I wish we could pull our troops back and cut a third out of the defense budget. The results would be amazing.

Pookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    I don't agree that the mass media gave Obama a pass. Fox and MSNBC are clearly biased, but I don't think he got a pass from any of the Sunday morning news shows (Face the Nation, Meet the Press, etc.). And Frontline did very in-depth profiles of both McCain and Obama prior to the election... neither seemed particularly biased. And the News Hour on PBS consistently does a good job of making sure all sides of the issues are covered and commented on (without all the theatrics commercial networks are prone to).

Many presidents have had much less experience than Obama did coming into office. Lincoln, for example, only served one 2-year congressional term before becoming president.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't agree that the mass media gave Obama a pass. Fox and MSNBC are clearly biased, but I don't think he got a pass from any of the Sunday morning news shows (Face the Nation, Meet the Press, etc.). And Frontline did very in-depth profiles of both McCain and Obama prior to the election... neither seemed particularly biased. And the News Hour on PBS consistently does a good job of making sure all sides of the issues are covered and commented on (without all the theatrics commercial networks are prone to).

Many presidents have had much less experience than Obama did coming into office. Lincoln, for example, only served one 2-year congressional term before becoming president.

I am going to respectfully disagree with your take on the media, it would take alot of effort to actually factually prove or disprove a position on that.

But am curious about the last part? Although it was a completely different time period (and I stess really different), are you trying to make the love affair with Obama and his inexperience an equivalence to Abraham Lincoln? Is that what this is all about? Democrats saw Abraham Lincoln when they gazed upon Obama?

That would be a tough sell?!?

BRBrett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Emperor you are dismissing a point and trying to flank. You suggested Obama was inexperienced and Pookie merely stated that Lincoln didn't have much experience either. He never said anything about measuring Obama up to Lincoln.

Besides the only tough sell I see is that a large portion of Americans are still very much racist and while they say they dislike him for other reasons a large portion of it is because he is black.

Pookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Nothing so sinister. It's just that I've read a lot about Lincoln and the Civil war, so it was the first example that came to mind. Other examples: U.S. Grant repeatedly failed in business prior to the Civil War, and only when he showed he wasn't afraid to fight (a severe Union problem), he rose to become commanding general... then president. Woodrow Wilson was an academic and college dean. I don't think Truman had much political experience before becoming president either... he was supposed to be the puppet of the powerful political machine in Missouri at the time, but he outfoxed them. I suspect Obama's experience (depending on what you mean by experience) prior to taking office is somewhere in the middle of the continuum.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom