The United States Postal Service...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Is worthless. They always seems to screw up my shipping on expensive items. I had a 2 day priority package that was suppose to come in today from Pollock. Got home, no package. Went to see whats going on. Somehow, the package was sent back to Pollock and is en-root to New Orleans........ and I'm in Houma. How can you screw up an interstate package? All of the information was right, I checked that when I went over there. This is third time some like this has happened. Should have just drove to Pollock and picked the damn thing up myself.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I shipped a package several years ago and insured it for $550. It was stolen by USPS employees and never reached its destination. I was told by an employee the USPS would do everything possible to avoid paying the claim. USPS refused to pay the insurance claim because I did not have a CC receipt for the item shipped. I contested their claim and never received a penny from them.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I’ll bet they never lose the credit card solicitation letters…..

Here is what I do with them – I save them and take the Pre-Paid postage envelopes and put the MasterCard stuff in the Visa envelope and vice versa….put my kids play money in the American Express, etc, etc and send it back to them. They waste my time with this unsolicited cr@p, let them eat the postage cost a second time…..

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I’ll bet they never lose the credit card solicitation letters…..

Here is what I do with them – I save them and take the Pre-Paid postage envelopes and put the MasterCard stuff in the Visa envelope and vice versa….put my kids play money in the American Express, etc, etc and send it back to them. They waste my time with this unsolicited cr@p, let them eat the postage cost a second time…..

I send A to B and B to C Etc.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    I talked to Darrin and his brother-in-law is a postmaster so I feel a little more confident that things will get settled out. I hope I have the knife by Saturday.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I spoke to a Postmaster rather than his B I L and the Postmaster is the one who told me the USPS would do everything possible to avoid paying an insurance claim.
    I do not mind a late package, I get them all the time. What I hate is being out $550.
    Good Luck receiving your package soon.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    I sure hope someone didn't steal the thing, it's a custom knife I have waited a while to get. Pretty pissed at the moment.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I sure hope someone didn't steal the thing, it's a custom knife I have waited a while to get. Pretty pissed at the moment.

If it does go missing and you never get any satisfaction from the USPS, you could try disputing the charge with your credit card if you paid with one. But then that screws the seller as well because they will not get paid from the credit card company for your purchase.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've had no problem getting USPS to pay out on $400+ insurance claims. Just keep all your receipts. It takes 2-3 weeks but they will pay if you have your ducks in a row.

Most of the issues they have is that their labels have a single bar code used for tracking, which is frequently defaced during shipping because shippers tape the paper to the box. When this goes, their entire tracking mechanism grinds to a halt unless each and every employee manually enters it (which they don't). Once it misses a scan it becomes "lost" and will usually never reach it's destination (even if it does, the buyers will still dispute a sale and insist they didn't receive it).

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    It wouldn't happen to be from Mr. Pittman, would it? I have a couple of his knives. He does good work.

Darrin sanders is his name. Sucks because I have been patiently waiting to get this knife and it's beautiful. I just hope it does show up to me. The package is fully insured but I paid with cash.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I've had no problem getting USPS to pay out on $400+ insurance claims. Just keep all your receipts. It takes 2-3 weeks but they will pay if you have your ducks in a row.

Most of the issues they have is that their labels have a single bar code used for tracking, which is frequently defaced during shipping because shippers tape the paper to the box. When this goes, their entire tracking mechanism grinds to a halt unless each and every employee manually enters it (which they don't). Once it misses a scan it becomes "lost" and will usually never reach it's destination (even if it does, the buyers will still dispute a sale and insist they didn't receive it).

A Conex shipping container would not begin to hold all the receipts I have received in my lifetime. I have several file cabinets full of paperwork and have to trash some quite often to put new paperwork in.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A Conex shipping container would not begin to hold all the receipts I have received in my lifetime. I have several file cabinets full of paperwork and have to trash some quite often to put new paperwork in.

Ok, within reason. If your shipment is successful then there's no point to keeping them aside from any billing/tax stuff, but tossing one in the trash on your way out the door is the fastest way to lose the package.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I don't understand why they won't pay a claim if you paid to insure the package that they lost. Shouldn't make a difference whether you insured a breath of exhaled air from the queen of England or a $550 dollar knife. You insured the package, they should have to make good on it

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So, even with a shipping address on the box, it won't be delivered?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    A friend on Sigforum from Maryland sent me the DVD set of the last season of 24 three years ago. Haven't gotten it yet.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Happened to me doing a deal with a member here, 18# of lead ingot's disappeared.
    I made good on the deal and resent more lead. This time it arrived at the mans location.
    Tried to make a claim and was asked for a recite on the cost of the lead, I'm like you Jack-wad's, I processed this lead myself into ingots!
    I'll collect when Hell freezes over...

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I have lived at the same address for over 15 years and have seen all kinds of shenanigans from the good ole usps. Recently after following the online tracking of a package so I could be home when the carrier came (rarely earlier than 4:30 usually closer to 5:00,5:30 in the evening) I (surprise surprise) did not get the package and when I checked the tracking info I was informed that there was no safe place to leave my package (which is total crap - security gate then 30 feet through a fenced in courtyard to an enclosed hallway where most of the carriers safely leave packages) and so a notice was left. There was no notice, just regular mail in the box. This got me to wondering where were they trying to deliver MY package and who got the notice, and would they try to go pick up my package with the notice they got. Next morning I went to the P.O. to claim my package and it was shut down because the computers had crashed. Sometimes you get lucky though and the guy who told us all the system was down recognized me (mostly from all the times I had to go get packages that the carrier could not (would not) deliver) and I told him the situation and he tried to find the package for me. No joy but I did appreciate his attempt and he took my info and said he would speak to the carrier. Later that day I finally did get the package, but I feel that sometimes certain carriers on my route either do not check the address carefully enough or just don`t want to walk all the way to my door to leave packages. This has happened numerous times that I was home waiting b/c I knew a package was "out for delivery" and I had to go pick it up at the p.o. the next day (a notice was left in my mailbox instead of delivering the package). Other times a package has shown up as delivered in the tracking, but was not delivered to me and was not valuable enough (luckily)to fight about so I lost a t-shirt I ordered or something similar because the carrier put it in the wrong mailbox and whoever got it wasn`t cool enough to return it. I don`t think any of it was outright theft by a usps employee mostly it is laziness and stupidity. That was my rather extensive rant on the post office. I thank you

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So, even with a shipping address on the box, it won't be delivered?

Yeah, according to the postmasters I spoke with on the East Coast (after trying to track down a missing shipment) it's apparently fairly common for any box missing the bar code to not be delivered successfully. They rely too heavily on the computer system to determine what truck the box is suppose to go on, so without someone taking the extra 10 minutes to look up the box via the address it just vanishes. I suspect that many of them actually do get to their correct address, it's just that with eBay sales the buyers dispute the sale because it's not marked as delivered on the tracking number.

Top Bottom