The Walking Dead returns Sunday - SPOILER ALERT!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I think I have to agree with king and emperor. Thinking back..it seems like they tied up all of the last seasons "loose ends" with this one...then added a couple shocking moments. It just seemed kind of rushed and not well thought out. Then again, I haven't read the comics so maybe that's the way it was supposed to be?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think I have to agree with king and emperor. Thinking back..it seems like they tied up all of the last seasons "loose ends" with this one...then added a couple shocking moments. It just seemed kind of rushed and not well thought out. Then again, I haven't read the comics so maybe that's the way it was supposed to be?

Regardless, this is now one of the most watched series on cable. Keeping strictly to the comic book storyline at this point would be great for purists, but now this show is making money, and lots of it. I think they should engage and hold on to audience share, by making the show good whether they need to follow the comic or not.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    True. It is definitely exploding in popularity. Guess we'll just have to see how the next couple episodes go.

But I seriously wish they could make the weapons have at lest a little RECOIL!!!!!!!! You have pistols, AR's, & shotguns with just a flash and NO muzzle flip...just bugs me :doh:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Regardless, this is now one of the most watched series on cable. Keeping strictly to the comic book storyline at this point would be great for purists, but now this show is making money, and lots of it. I think they should engage and hold on to audience share, by making the show good whether they need to follow the comic or not.

They haven't followed the comic so far, and I don't think they are going to kill off some of the characters they killed off in the Comics so soon, they are too popular on the show. They can't follow the comic for the next major story line since they killed off people at different points in different ways. There were some great moments last night, but it did get slow for a while. Take it for what it is, a cable Zombie show based off of a Comic book, its pretty good.

I hope they get past Woodbury and the prison, I want to see how they pull off some of the story lines coming up next. I hope they don't get too conservative and at least mirror the comic like they have been.

Still can't wait for Breaking Bad.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    They haven't followed the comic so far, and I don't think they are going to kill off some of the characters they killed off in the Comics so soon, they are too popular on the show. They can't follow the comic for the next major story line since they killed off people at different points in different ways. There were some great moments last night, but it did get slow for a while. Take it for what it is, a cable Zombie show based off of a Comic book, its pretty good.

I hope they get past Woodbury and the prison, I want to see how they pull off some of the story lines coming up next. I hope they don't get too conservative and at least mirror the comic like they have been.

Still can't wait for Breaking Bad.

I'll take your word for it. I have never read the comic myself. Nonetheless, I'm all in. I just hope the shows has staying power.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    **comic book spoilers**video game spoilers**

the comic is much different.

shane gets killed very early. weeks or months later when rick realizes everyone turns into a zombie after death, he goes dig up shane's zombie and kills it.

andrea and dale are always having sex. dale dies much later. long after the prison chapter, he gets bitten and wanders off
    into the woods to die. a group of cannibals, who already ate their own children, tie him, cut off his leg and make him watch while they cook and eat it. dale goes mad and laughs telling them they ate infected meat!

andrea is much smarter and respectable in the comic. she becomes the best sniper the group has. she becomes rick's girl friend.

michonne is the best all around warrior of the group and highly respected by rick and carl. she is like family. she is captured by the governor and brutally raped by him. repeatedly. for days. she gets revenge and cuts out his eye slowly. cuts off his privates, and an arm i think. she does not get the chance to finish him. he is very motivated to attack the prison. lol.

lori and the baby are shot and killed during the prison attack by lilly from the telltale video game. lilly murdered carley over an argument and was kicked from the group and later joined the governor. why lee(leader of video game group) didn't kill lilly on the spot? i have no idea. anyway when lilly realized she shot a baby, she kills her leader, the governor.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    THE WALKING DEAD: RESISTANCE

my theory:

clementine, the sweet little girl from the game, has a really rough childhood growing up in the zombie apocalypse. much like carl(rick's son), she grows up to become a bad ass. by this time rick's group is very large and powerful. they spend decades destroying other groups and recruiting members.

clementine and carl meet, fall in love and have a child. in his old age, rick slowly turns over his empire to the couple. the child is raised to become leader of the new world. it is finally learned what causes the zombie virus. ALIENS! aliens infected the world to kill us off so they could take the planet without resistance. but in all their intergalactic travels, the aliens never meet resistance like rick and his grandson.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA

my theory:

clementine, the sweet little girl from the game, has a really rough childhood growing up in the zombie apocalypse. much like carl(rick's son), she grows up to become a bad ass. by this time rick's group is very large and powerful. they spend decades destroying other groups and recruiting members.

clementine and carl meet, fall in love and have a child. in his old age, rick slowly turns over his empire to the couple. the child is raised to become leader of the new world. it is finally learned what causes the zombie virus. ALIENS! aliens infected the world to kill us off so they could take the planet without resistance. but in all their intergalactic travels, the aliens never meet resistance like rick and his grandson.

You've given this a lot of thought haven't you?

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    a little bit. looks like lori ghost is real. they may take the super natural route then reveal the aliens which are one in the same.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Great episode! I was pissed when it ended! I just read "The Rise of the Governor" which is a novel written by one of the creators and another author, very interesting stuff.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I wonder if Tyrese and Co. will return?

I watched that talk show that comes on after last night and the director sort of hinted that they would.

Anyone else get pissed off watching some people shoot during the firefight scenes? Especially the governnor (and I don't mean when he was intentionally firing into the air). WTF?

Top Bottom