The "War on Drugs" has been Governments # 1 weapon in Gun Control

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I have been saying it for years.....high crime and murders are directly a result of the War on drugs.

And...the high crime rate is the weapon of choice for the anti-gun liberals. Without the high murder rate....the push for gun control would be a non-starter...a non issue. So...maybe...just maybe by ending the prohibition of drugs....our 2nd amendment right can be preserved. Maybe the NRA has been barking up the wrong tree.

By the way...I thought his analysis of the "Role of Government is to protect the drug Cartels" segment a very interesting thought / point.
    I never looked at it through the eyes of a Free Market economy....supply and demand on prices. Really brilliant IMO.

Last edited:

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I've been saying this for a long time. No one ever listens. "Drugs are bad, m'kay." It's always nice to come across someone who can connect the obscure dots.

Drugs aren't the problem, the drug cartels and their black market distribution networks are the problem. Your neighborhood drug dealer is the problem. The solution is so simple I have trouble believing that more people don't see it; eliminate the black market, eliminate the real problem. To eliminate the the black market, the only way possible is to provide legal channels for people to buy what they are going to buy anyway. All that aside, the gubermint doesn't have the right to dictate what people can and can't put in their own bodies, anyway. That massive curtailment of personal liberty, that has been not only permitted, but encouraged, by the masses, is a BIG part of the problems we face in this country today.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Exactly correct Cochise. Trust me...I am not advocating for everyone to get hooked on drugs. Drug addiction is a miserable thing. But...the way things are right now...drugs are out there and the dealers target rebellious teenagers. This is much worse than it has to be...and much worse than it was 50 years ago. Before the War on Drugs....it was very rare to find a drug dealer who targeted children. Heck...the dealers made sure that their customer was over 18 years of age...because they were scared to death of being labeled as a child drug pusher.
    These days...the gangs and cartels are targeting children. And they use other children to act as the dealer...so it's a juvenile law issue. In other words...they all get a pass.

But...that's just the drug issue. And yes...it's common sense that the current game plan has not worked.

The sheople of this country have been conditioned to believe that if we limit the guns....If we do background checks...we can eliminate the crime and gun related murders in this country. Rahm Emanual of Chicago has been advocating that the answer to Chicago's high murder rate is more gun control.
    But in reality...the answer to Chicago's murder rate is to eliminate the black market of drugs. In the 1920's....the public was told that to fight crime....to end the gangland massacres such as the Valentine Day Massacre....All we need to do as a nation is to ban machine guns. They did that....it did not help.
    So after they got the first major Gun Control Act in this nation....After that didn't work.....Then we finally ended the Prohibition of alcohol. Wow...guess what. That worked.

nomadic1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    St. Tammany
    Sooo...where will all the junkies get their money to buy their now legal drugs? I am talking about your non-functional heroin addict or crackhead who can't hold or keep a job, not the casual weed smoker who probably can. Those people will continue to commit crimes, sometimes violent, to get the cash to get their fix, no?

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Sooo...where will all the junkies get their money to buy their now legal drugs? I am talking about your non-functional heroin addict or crackhead who can't hold or keep a job, not the casual weed smoker who probably can. Those people will continue to commit crimes, sometimes violent, to get the cash to get their fix, no?

Probably however, I do believe that the majority of killings and violence related to drugs would be reduced. We would also save an ungodly amount of money by ending the war on drugs.

FunN4Lo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Certainly drugs, illegal guns, and murder are a scourge on our society. But the left could care less about guns and drug murder. But they do care about about affluent white kids murder. Why... because that what grabs headlines and creates drama and crisis that they can swoop in and "solve" while taking away a little bit of freedom, a little bit at a time, until we have none left.

Case in point. Chicago. More drug related gun murder last year than all of the coalition forces killed in Afghanistan last year! Is Chicago guns and drug murder on the news 24/7? No! Most people do not even know about it. No crisis, no way to steal freedom. A bunch of kids killed in an elementary school. Crisis. An opportunity to steal freedom under the guise of "solving" an awful problem.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans

Heroin in and of itself is dirt cheap. It could be purchased from Afghanistan for next to nothing....distributed to public health hospitals...and from there a registered nurse could prescribe it to the junkies. That would cost society 1/10th of what we are spending here now just on incarceration of those arrested for possession. If you were to factor in the losses from theft and insurance costs...shoplifting...the courts....law enforcement.....then the savings would be even much higher.
    At the same time...we would pacify the Afghanistan farmer growing the poppy. It would be a win win.

England tried the Public Health Hospital route a while back. There was a 60 minutes episode on it.
    Portugal only decriminalized all drugs. Heroin usage has fallen and ODs are 50% less than when they fought their War on Drugs. As far as Meth goes...that's just a nasty fricking drug. Most Meth heads would probably switch to better and less harmful drugs.
    Mankind has self medicated for thousands of years. It is documented..... http://www.opioids.com/timeline/
    Make any substance illegal...a Black Market will appear.

Last edited:

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    Fix the big 3, drugs, gambling, and prostitution, and you would just about destroy the biggest black markets in this country.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Fix the big 3, drugs, gambling, and prostitution, and you would just about destroy the biggest black markets in this country.

What do you mean by fix? Get rid of or make completely legal? I'm all for legalization of it all if it doesn't effect anyone else, let me do it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Put me down for not believing the legalization of drugs would transform meth addicts into productive, recreational users of better drugs. :dogkeke:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    8 Reasons To End Prohibition of All Drugs Immediately

http://lewrockwell.com/orig13/vibes1.1.1.html

Excellent article SVT....I am in total agreement.

===
    Something else to be said about legalization and actually providing junkies with drugs such as heroin is this. Once that would begin...society in effect has eliminated all of the drug dealers and pushers who are trying to entice children into trying drugs. Usage would decrease...and over the next few decades the current junkies end up dying off. Over time...the problem fixes itself. Sure....it won't totally end...But I am convinced that drug use would decline.
    European countries which have ended the drug wars have seen this....and the current teenagers have little desire....Aspirations to become as the junkies wasting away on the park benches.
    Yea...there is a trade off. Public parks do have junkies shooting up in plain sight. But... Very, very few children look upon those waste cases and say- "Mommy, I want to be like him when I grow up." In other words....doing drugs is no longer "Cool."

It's the same as when you drive down Canal Street and get to the intersection at Claiborne Ave. Under the overpass....there is a homeless camp. Many of those are alcoholics...drug addicts...and mentally ill. I don't know any child who sees that and aspires to be like that when they get older.

The War on drugs has been an absolute disaster for this country and has been at the heart of the dismantling of our Constitution. Guns control is just the latest chapter.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Put me down for not believing the legalization of drugs would transform meth addicts into productive, recreational users of better drugs. :dogkeke:

That might be true Oleheat...but meth is such a nasty and destructive drug....That most meth heads are dead within a few years. Meth addicts either wake up and eventually get treatment...or they die. Those that eventually get treatment...wake up every single day...look in the mirror and regret the day they started using meth.
    It rots the teeth out...and ages the living hell out of you. A 35 y/o meth head looks like they are at least 55 y/o. The only reason most people started using meth to begin with...is they found out that they could go to Wally World...buy some drain cleaner and decongestant....And thought they found a cheap replacement for their cocaine addictions. They found out that they were wrong.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That might be true Oleheat...but meth is such a nasty and destructive drug....That most meth heads are dead within a few years. Meth addicts either wake up and eventually get treatment...or they die. Those that eventually get treatment...wake up every single day...look in the mirror and regret the day they started using meth.
    It rots the teeth out...and ages the living hell out of you. A 35 y/o meth head looks like they are at least 55 y/o. The only reason most people started using meth to begin with...is they found out that they could go to Wally World...buy some drain cleaner and decongestant....And thought they found a cheap replacement for their cocaine addictions. They found out that they were wrong.

Yep. It's scary stuff, to say the least. :eek3:

Top Bottom