There I was!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    There I was!

Stopped in to Sam's today to get some Swiffer pads. While there I threw a couple other things in the cart. After waiting an extrordinary long time in line it was finally my turn. The clerk gave me her sales pitch "Would you like to upgrade your membership today?" I explained to her that I'd already waited too long in line, and the line to get out of the building was even longer, I probably wouldn't be renewing my membership for that reason. In the most snotty voice she said "It's a yes or no question Sir." I reached down and hit cancel on the CC machine, pulled my card and walked out the door leaving my goods on the belt.

Come to find out Amazon has knock off Swiffer pads for about half price.

I myself have lost a good customer because I missed an e-mail while I was having computer issues. I tried to make it up to him for dropping the ball and offered free services. But, I have never intentionally run off a paying customer like that.

They lost another sale to Amazon!

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I try to avoid Sam’s at all cost. My wife orders Sam’s online with free shipping. I don’t mind going into Costco but Sam’s is the dollar general of the big box stores. Soon most will be closed and converted to Covid fema camps for those who refuse the jab anyway.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm a member of both Sams and Costco. I prefer costco, but sams is closer. That being said, I was VERY close to cancelling my account (that I've been using since I was a teenager) b/c their lines were outrageous and the customer service was worse. But literally the APP came out 2-3 years ago, and It makes it worth coming. I walk around the store, grab the handful of items I need and scan it with my cell phone. Skip the line and walk out, showing them my phone on the way out. Super easy. But if you have something like an entire ribeye that's 200+ bucks, they will make you use a register.

Costco has crazy long lines, but at least they are all open. JUST LONG.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Forget about the big box places. Go see your local little guy. The smaller grocery store where the owner is the manager, and his daughter runs the office type place. It's probably a couple dollars more, but you're helping put the owners kid through school instead of helping some ******** CEO buy another yaht because he met a numbers goal. Everyone wins.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    I shop Costco and Albertson's cause of customer service. Sam's is just walmart with a membership, and unless you have a resale business, not really worth it in the long run.

I try to shop local sometimes, but i really just like to grab what i need in all of one stop.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm the odd one out here. I get all of my groceries at either an Albertsons, Whole Foods, or Trader Joes, but literally everything else comes from Amazon. Most of my non-edible things are setup on 'subscribe and save' and I use a few apps to track random items and get alerts when they reach rock bottom prices. Then I just buy a bunch of the items and stay stocked up on it.

If I had more 'local' stores near me, I'd definitely support them for food, but where I'm at Whole Foods generally has the freshest food at the most convenient location.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I used to shop sams for years but since they moved to their new store several years ago into a high vehicle traffic area, I felt that the hassel of shopping there with their long check out lines was just not worth it to me so I let my membership expire and havent felt the need to rejoin.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    There I was!

Stopped in to Sam's today to get some Swiffer pads. While there I threw a couple other things in the cart. After waiting an extrordinary long time in line it was finally my turn. The clerk gave me her sales pitch "Would you like to upgrade your membership today?" I explained to her that I'd already waited too long in line, and the line to get out of the building was even longer, I probably wouldn't be renewing my membership for that reason. In the most snotty voice she said "It's a yes or no question Sir." I reached down and hit cancel on the CC machine, pulled my card and walked out the door leaving my goods on the belt.

Come to find out Amazon has knock off Swiffer pads for about half price.

I myself have lost a good customer because I missed an e-mail while I was having computer issues. I tried to make it up to him for dropping the ball and offered free services. But, I have never intentionally run off a paying customer like that.

They lost another sale to Amazon!
    Wait a damn minute here…. Your trying to tell us that people actually still go inside stores to shop? Is that even a thing anymore? I remember as a wee little lad going into grocery stores but in today’s day in age we shop online and pick it up in the parking lot. All jokes aside with sams why not just use the app and scan stuff as you put it into your cart? I never understood why when We go to sams the lines are so long. Between online shopping and the scan as you go app I don’t see why

Last edited:

The Key Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2013
    Gretna, LA
    I agree with you. I know this is a little off course, when the wife and I go out for dinner I prefer a local or Mom and Pop restaurant or diner. She likes the "chain" places like Chili's or TGIF. I rather support a local business.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    I have not had a membership to Sam's for a very long time and here is why. I have a small business. Back when sam's required you to be a business owner to get a membership I had a so called friend that was down on their luck. To help them save some money, I offered to let them use one of my unused memberships. Gave them the form to authorize getting their membership card. Form was for a card only. The so called friend while getting their card was asked if they would like a sam's credit card issued on the master account. They said absolutely and so sam's gave it to them, with a $5K limit. They maxed it out that day. When the month ended, sam's sent me a bill. I asked them what was it for, and who authorized them to open the charge account. They claimed I did, but upon reviewing the form, found that it stated membership card only. I had them close my membership account and have never been back. The so called friend was also told to pound sand. The debt rode my business credit rating for several years but finally disappeared.

Cajun2wheels

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I gave up my Sam's card over a year ago.I had a close friend on a guest card for several years.He passed away and I tried to get his wife a guest card.They asked for her drivers lic and because her address was different than mine they would not give her the guest card.I said bye bye.I guess they changed the rules at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom