Thieves!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    So I realized today that my EAA .357mag/.38special revolver has been stolen out of my truck. I bought it for this exact reason, cheap truck gun. Just pisses me off that someone was able to get to it, must have accidentally left my truck unlocked one night. Keep an eye out for it if you don't mind. Blued with synthetic grips. Waiting on the BRPD now to do a report.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Wait, when was the last time you knew it was there?

A week or so ago. Don't drive the truck every day when the weather is nice. Usually drive my bike.

You left a gun, in a possible unlocked car? And said gun was not secured in anyway?

Yes my gun was left in my vehicle out of sight and I accidentally left my vehicle unlocked apparently.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Lock my truck almost every night, if I ever realize it's unlocked I make sure to lock it. Obviously I made a mistake and lost my handgun because of it. Like I said, this is the exact reason why I kept a low value firearm in the vehicle. Just hate the fact someone was digging through my truck.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Sorry to hear of that! I left a variety of vehicles unlocked several times over the years. Once I found my passenger side door open(thieves sometimes leave doors open after they leave) with the contents of the glove box on the seat. The glove box was also open. The thief must have been looking for a gun.
    Unlocked vehicles are targeted frequently by the scum of the Earth.

Do you have the serial number so that it can be reported stolen?

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Nothing else stolen?

If no, it was someone you know.

Nope nothing else was stolen, there isn't much else to steal other than some change. Nothing else of value was in the truck. Cant say anyone I know would have stolen it, I don't flaunt the location of my firearm to everyone that enters my vehicle. The only people that know where it is are good friends, and none of them I would suspect of stealing from me. It is possible, and I have thought about the possibility of it being someone I know.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    This has come up a few times in the last year or so...

Calling names and throwing blame is stupid. It was a mistake to leave the door unlocked of course. The OP knows this.

But in reality we are all human, and we all make mistakes. And locks only keep honest men honest. A thief is going to steal, that's what they do, if locks stopped them there wouldn't be much theft.

Sorry to hear of your loss, I hope it's found.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Sucks for the OP and serves as a warning to everyone else.
    I applaud you for voluntary stepping fourth to the public execution though.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    You bought a cheap gun to leave in your truck. Seems like you expected it might be stolen as why you bought cheap.

I don't think he expected it, I know a few people who do the same thing. It's not the expectation it will be stolen, it's a probability that it could happen and he just was prepared if it did happen by keeping a less expensive gun in there and having the serial numbers.

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Sucks that you had your gun stolen. The days of "car/truck guns" is over. Nobody should leave a firearm in their vehicle overnight anymore. Get used to carrying your firearm with you at all times and when you get home at night take it inside with you.

Frogman

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    That really sucks. I will certainly be on the lookout, as it is somewhat of a rare pistol around here. I hope the sorry, piece of SXXT thieves are caught before they strike again!

Top Bottom