Things to do around New Iberia

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Im headed over to New Iberia for the weekend soon and was wondering if there are any fun things to do or places to see around the area? I figure there are not to many things to do, but I dont mind driving say 30-40 mins out to see something if its worth it. I definally plan on visiting Avery Island while im there.

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    On 14 near Delcambe is Rip Van Winkle Gardens, it's worth the 15 minute drive to check everything out.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    When I lived in New Iberia, the only thing my roommates and I found to do was drink. Oh, and play pool at Slick Willy's while drinking. I don't know if Slick Willy's is still there.

Duffy's Diner is still there, and still makes great burgers and shakes.

Kids? Lafayette has a planetarium and kid's museum. Avery Island has limited times when the factory is running during tourist hours, when we went we watched a short film, looked at a few static items on display, but there was no one working, the line was empty and stopped, so it was just walking past and looking at idle machinery, then going through the gift shop. I would have never thought to dash Tobasco in a can of Coke, but they serve it like that there and it was alright.

Every February we go to Lafayette for a Taekwondo tournament with my son, and we have slowly been making up for all the things I didn't go see when I actually lived in New Iberia. Next February we're going to shoot for Rip Van Winkle gardens and Shadows on the Teche (plantation home).

Last edited:

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    Most of the attractions have been covered in previous posts, such as Avery Island / Tabasco tour, the Shadows on the Teche, and Konriko rice mill.

There are also a few descent bars downtown if you care to partake in that.

Also, a little drive south and you can go down to Cypremort Point. There is a state park there with a manmade beach there and fishing off the pier.

Another interest may be Lake Fausse Pointe state park on the levee that has hiking trails, a splash pad for the kids, playgrounds, etc.

Of course, Lafayette is just a 20 - 30 minute drive away and has plenty of dining options, movies, shopping, you name it.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    I haven't been to New Iberia in quite some time, and I don't recall all that much to do there. Sometimes, you just gotta make your own fun. Are you familiar with Prancercize? Try this in downtown NI. it's sure to be a hit.

LA toolman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Check out Emerald Billiards.Definitely one of the Nicest and Biggest pool rooms in the USA.This isn't an old smokey
    pool hall.They have a full bar and kitchen serving great food.
    You gotta try the burgers there.

Top Bottom