Thinking about gun refinishing as a sideline

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Voodooman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Youngsville,LA
    Ive been doing alot of jobs for friends,their friends and my own guns for a while now and was wondering if any of you know if there is much of a market for that kind of thing in the Lafayette area. I do stock refinishing, duracoating,stainless polishing and bolt on mods mainly. It's something I love doing and usually just do it for trades or just to have something to do but I'm a self employed contractor and was thinking about doing it as a sidelinewhen work is slow and see where it goes.I'd appreciate any input you guys might have. Thanks!

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    There's a huge market for it if your good at what you do. You need a FFL only if the serialized part stays with you. If your doing it as a business you need a business lic., tax ID etc.

Good luck

Voodooman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Youngsville,LA
    Thanks so much for the info guys. I'll look into aquiring an FFL and the expense part of it. I don't have a problem taking the proper steps, I just didn't want to invest alot of money on it if there wasn't much market for it. I am good at it and would love it to take off to the point that it's a full time job but you gotta start somewhere ya know.

Top Bottom