Thinking about trading for a Beretta or CZ

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cguedr

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Jefferson
    So I got an American Classic II 1911 by Metro Arms that I finally was able to take to the range, and it ran great, really accurate (as are most 1911s), but I'm really thinking about getting something like a Beretta or CZ P-01. Lighter alloy frame, cheaper 9mm ammo, both are obviously well-made pistols. I don't know, I'm struggling with this one.

Last edited:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I prefer the m9 but both are fine pistols. the m9 is super easy to swap the standard hammer spring for a DAO spring to make it feel more like a sig without efecting reliability. The stock hammer spring in 92 is was over powered due to being build for army standards to shoot ammo from all over the world but I have not had any issues whatsoever with the D spring with US made com ammo or even us made nato ammo.

Last edited:

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Both are good pistols. I prefer the balance of the CZ steel framed 75Bs in full size. Haven't shot a M9/92 in a while and cannot offer a good critique but remember it being a well made accurate gun. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Are you looking at the SP-01 Shadow or Phantom or the shorter barreled P-01??

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Beretta 92 sub is a nice gun also.... The sig 228 or 229 are very well made pistols. I've heard alot of sig quality control issues is recent years but I've never personally ever had a problem with any I have owned.

Top Bottom