thinking of building an AR....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryegrizzle

It only takes one bullet
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Livingston, La.
    Hey guys, I guess my question is Can I find a reciever with an ejection port on the left side. and If so where? I'm a left handed shooter and I can remember shooting out of prone, that when the brass would come out the right side it would land under my right arm. Causing me to yell obscenities on the range.

Zack3g

Full Auto is fun!
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    Lafayette
    that sounds like a malfunction rather than a design flaw. stag does make left hand uppers..but you also need left hand bolt and carrier and an assortment of other specialized parts.

millions of soldiers, sailors, jarheads and flyboys shoot normal right handed rifles both right and left handed without issue...even prone:)

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    how long ago, and what type of rifle were you shooting? Did it have the case deflector built into the upper? when shooting prone with my rifles that have the deflector (even though I'm right handed) most of the empties land in a neat pile at the 2 o'clock area.

ryegrizzle

It only takes one bullet
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Livingston, La.
    It was a while ago...in the military.. so I would have been shooting M16 a2 i think and I don't recall it having a deflector. If so it wasn't very effective. I remember burning my arm on the brass

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    As far as I know, Stag is the only company making Left-handed ARs. If it was that long ago that you had those problems, it very well may not have had a case deflector. Almost anything made currently has a case deflector unless otherwise noted.

I'm a lefty (obviously), and have never had any problems shooting a standard AR.

Top Bottom