Third Death Reported From Brain Parasite this summer one in LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Wierd...

The video fails to talk about the LA case where the kid died from an Amoeba in his Tap Water
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/wireStory?id=14328749

More articles HERE
    The third case, was in Louisiana, and more unusual. It was a young man whose death in June was traced to the tap water he used in a device called a neti pot. It's a small teapot-shaped container used to rinse out the nose and sinuses with salt water to relieve allergies, colds and sinus trouble.

Health officials later found the amoeba in the home's water system. The problem was confined to the house; it wasn't found in city water samples, said Dr. Raoult Ratard, Louisiana's state epidemiologist.

The young man, who was only identified as in his 20s and from southeast Louisiana, had not been swimming nor been in contact with surface water, Ratard added.

What water system in the house? The pipes?

Hmm I'd like ot hear more about this.

Last edited:

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Great, its like they are following me! The other two deaths I heard were in Virginia and Florida. My girlfriend is from Virginia, she lived here in Louisiana, I recently moved her to Florida for school.... Gheeze, I am not safe anywhere!

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's a good one there, buddy.

Seriously though, if this creeps you out, don't EVEN dare look into the ones that come from eating sashimi or raw sushi. Particularly if you eat it.:zombie:

DAMNIT! Why did I have to go browsing through this thread again to see this :( Ignorance is bliss...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Like we don't have enough crap to worry about already......
    mad0218.gif

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I heard about this occurring a couple times in florida during the summer months. Water is warmer and more people swimming. Statistically your probably more likely to be struck by lightning....

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Statistically your probably more likely to be struck by lightning....

Or coconuts even.

This is just another pathetic attempt by the media to scare people with stuff they should never be scared of. Bird flu, swine flu, E. coli, it's all bullsh*t. It's real, but it's so rare that even devoting a single brain cell to worrying about it would be a gross misuse of human resources.

It pisses me off when the media tries to blow irrelevant medical conditions out of proportion. If they really want to report on an important and dangerous medical condition then talk about Jenny McCarthy has indirectly caused the death of over 700 children by convincing their parents not get them vaccinated. :mad:

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Wierd...

The video fails to talk about the LA case where the kid died from an Amoeba in his Tap Water
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/wireStory?id=14328749

More articles HERE

What water system in the house? The pipes?

Hmm I'd like ot hear more about this.
    I'd like to hear more about this myself... you're supposed to use warm Distilled water with a saline solution before you use the Neti pot!!!!! Bad time of the year to be in the water,but when was it ever during the summer !

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    This is just another pathetic attempt by the media to scare people with stuff they should never be scared of. Bird flu, swine flu, E. coli, it's all bullsh*t. It's real, but it's so rare that even devoting a single brain cell to worrying about it would be a gross misuse of human resources. :mad:

True dat, friend. Its life, no one gets out of it alive.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom