This can't be real

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOLAteeda

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Covington
    For the sake of this country I hope he makes an exception to that. Too many naive, uneducated, fat, happy, complacent, and lazy people in this country.

Unfortunately, those people will remain naive, uneducated, fat, happy, complacent, and lazy unless they are influenced by people who are informed, educated, healthy, aware, anxious, and willing to work for what they believe in.

When the majority of our population are glued to the television whenever they aren't doing something else unconstructive, it is hard to change things for the better. I'm not saying that tv is inherently evil, I like to watch an occassional episode of House, but most people don't realize what is happening when you sit and stare at the tv for long amounts of time. Conditioning wasn't just a guy with a bell and some dogs, it is being pushed upon most of our population every day. Wonder why Obama won the election(without making it about race)? I wonder if you had an archive of all tv coverage of politcal candidates prior to the election, which candidate would recieve the most face time?

joshuades

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Unfortunately, those people will remain naive, uneducated, fat, happy, complacent, and lazy unless they are influenced by people who are informed, educated, healthy, aware, anxious, and willing to work for what they believe in.

When the majority of our population are glued to the television whenever they aren't doing something else unconstructive, it is hard to change things for the better. I'm not saying that tv is inherently evil, I like to watch an occassional episode of House, but most people don't realize what is happening when you sit and stare at the tv for long amounts of time. Conditioning wasn't just a guy with a bell and some dogs, it is being pushed upon most of our population every day. Wonder why Obama won the election(without making it about race)? I wonder if you had an archive of all tv coverage of politcal candidates prior to the election, which candidate would recieve the most face time?
    If anyone has really watched the speeches that man has made and knows any history, they may find the wide, flamboyant gestures and repetition of phrases similar to an up and coming politician in the '30s...

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Sadly, it's real; but it reminds me of my favorite Greenpeace story.

During the Foster administration, Greenpeace came to Louisiana to raise a fuss about pollution turning all of our fish toxic - "Poison Poisson" is what they called it, I think. They caught a fish in Louisiana waters, cooked it, then marched on the Governor's Mansion to present it to Foster. He wasn't there, but they were met by Press Secretary Marsanne Golsby (a friend of mine back then). She listened to their speech, and when they presented her with the fish, she whipped out a fork and began eating it right in front of them!

They were horrified, but she asked them, "Y'all wouldn't really try to feed the Governor a poisoned fish, now, would y'all?"

They left town the next day.

SOLAteeda

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Covington
    Sadly, it's real; but it reminds me of my favorite Greenpeace story.

During the Foster administration, Greenpeace came to Louisiana to raise a fuss about pollution turning all of our fish toxic - "Poison Poisson" is what they called it, I think. They caught a fish in Louisiana waters, cooked it, then marched on the Governor's Mansion to present it to Foster. He wasn't there, but they were met by Press Secretary Marsanne Golsby (a friend of mine back then). She listened to their speech, and when they presented her with the fish, she whipped out a fork and began eating it right in front of them!

They were horrified, but she asked them, "Y'all wouldn't really try to feed the Governor a poisoned fish, now, would y'all?"

They left town the next day.
    :rofl:

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    Damn, never thought of greenpeace like that. They have proven themselves right on the nuclear issue to me. Now that I see these enviromentalist agendas for what they are lately, all i'm seeing is red. Funny thing that the Soviets have turned a lot of their country into an uninhabitable land, proof that the environment is a non-issue under communist rule.

Top Bottom