This EFFORT IS TODAY!!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    These two are scheduled for next week! At the very least, please send emails. It's quick! It's easy! It counts!

Louisiana: Pro & Anti-Gun Bills Set for Committee Hearings in Baton Rouge Next Week

On Thursday, April 7, the House Administration of Criminal Justice Committee will hear measures impacting your right to carry a firearm for self-defense, including:

House Bill 121, sponsored by state Representative Valarie Hodges (R-Denham Springs), expands self-defense rights for carry permit holders by clarifying that state agencies and local governments cannot establish "gun-free zones" beyond those locations that are listed as off-limits under the state's concealed carry law. The legislation would impose civil fines on entities that maintain illegal ordinances and establish a legal remedy for citizens who are adversely impacted by restrictions enacted outside the scope of agencies' and localities' legal authority.

House Bill 693, sponsored by state Representative Jimmy Harris (D-New Orleans), expands "gun-free zones" to include property used as a public park, playground or recreational facility -- including municipal parks, state parks operated by the Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism, and many other areas that could be closed off, without effective notice, to those otherwise lawfully carrying firearms for personal protection.

Please make plans to attend Thursday's hearing at 9:30 a.m. in Committee Room 6 of the State Capitol in Baton Rouge to make your voice heard on these measures. You have the option of simply filling out a card in support of House Bill 121 (GREEN) and opposition to House Bill 693 (RED) and/or briefly speaking on each as well. Also, please contact members of the committee in advance of Thursday's hearing and urge them to SUPPORT House Bill 121 and to OPPOSE House Bill 693.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You want to make a list of people we should email in regards to this? :]

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You want to make a list of people we should email in regards to this? :]

When we get closer to the day they are up. They usually can't keep track of all of these too far in advance unless they are "Hot" topics.

Though, this dumbass wanting to expand "Gun Free Zones" is pretty important!

However, here are the major players of influence on these gun issues at the Louisiana Sheriff's Association! Believe me when I tell you all, many of these Legislators will vote they way this bunch tells them to! ;)

Michael@lsa.org Director
    cindy@lsa.org Grant administrator
    LAUREN@lsa.org Dir of communication
    Gary@lsa.org Asst. Dir.
    Ricky@lsa.org Opp support
    Chuck@lsa.org Task force dir.
    Sarah@lsa.org PAC member
    mike.cazes@wbrsheriff.org Task force/south
    Roxie@lsa.org Legislators services

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here is an example of my email to this Association's Members.

Good Morning to All,

This week in the Legislature two firearms House Bills will be presented to committee.

House Bill 121, sponsored by state Representative Valarie Hodges (R-Denham Springs), expands self-defense rights for carry permit holders by clarifying that state agencies and local governments cannot establish "gun-free zones" beyond those locations that are listed as off-limits under the state's concealed carry law. The legislation would impose civil fines on entities that maintain illegal ordinances and establish a legal remedy for citizens who are adversely impacted by restrictions enacted outside the scope of agencies' and localities' legal authority.

Conversely,

House Bill 693, sponsored by state Representative Jimmy Harris (D-New Orleans), expands "gun-free zones" to include property used as a public park, playground or recreational facility -- including municipal parks, state parks operated by the Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism, and many other areas that could be closed off, without effective notice, to those otherwise lawfully carrying firearms for personal protection.

Your Association’s influence on Legislators’ is well known on gun issues.

Please stand with fellow *Law Abiding* and *Responsible* Louisianans and encourage any Legislators’ that may seek advice to:

Vote For HB 121

And,

Vote Against HB 693

Thank You!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Alright! I did some sleuthing and found that the Louisiana Sheriff's Association is having an "Open House" for the Legislators this afternoon! These meet and greets usually involve some free food and wine. I would bet this is one of these that is well attended by Legislators.

This would be a great opportunity for you guys to send those emails to the addresses I listed above.

It will get them talking about the stuff we care about!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Alright, a lot of gun stuff is going on today. Let's get this effort started.

When you are ready to send an email for a particular Bill, take this string of email addresses below; copy them, and paste them in your Bcc line on your email program. If you don't see the line of bcc, look for a way to expand your recipient options. Then put your own email as the main recipient. (This way, you can send it to all, and they will not see you are mass emailing everyone). As silly as this seems, some of the ego maniacs believe that if you take the time to email them individually you are more worthy of their time. However, I know that the more emails they get as a whole, the better.

As XD-GEM has noted this is the House Criminal Justice Committee.

macks@legis.la.gov, pylants@legis.la.gov, adamsb@legis.la.gov, bacalat@legis.la.gov, bagnerisj@legis.la.gov, carpenterb@legis.la.gov, dwights@legis.la.gov, gainesr@legis.la.gov, hazelc@legis.la.gov, hodgesv@legis.la.gov, howardf@legis.la.gov, james.ted@legis.la.gov, landryt@legis.la.gov, lopintoj@legis.la.gov, marcelled@legis.la.gov, nortonb@legis.la.gov

Remember!

Support of HB 121

Very OPPOSED to HB 693

Don't be afraid to phone them either! There staffers WILL get the messages to them if you can't get them.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here is an example (my opposition to HB 693), for those who need some guidance on this stuff.

Honorable Representative,

As a responsible and law abiding gun owner and fellow Louisianan, I would like you to strongly oppose HB 693 when it reaches your committee today.

This Bill aims to further restrict *law abiding* gun owners from the protections of legal gun ownership and possession, despite the fact that *Gun Free* zones have zero impact on criminals intent on violating laws.

Please vote against HB 693

Thank You,

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Just sent it off to the House Criminal Justice Committee and yesterday sent it to my Representative.
    Thanks fro the heads up Emperor
    Wingate

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    More help!
    Honorable Representative,

As a responsible and law abiding gun owner and fellow Louisianan, I would like you to strongly favor HB 121 by Valerie Hodges, when it reaches your committee today.

This Bill aims to further strengthen *law abiding* gun owners protections of legal gun ownership and possession and prevent local municipalities from circumventing state laws already on the books.

Please vote FOR HB 121

Thank You.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Wow! The dumbasses just can't understand that the scumbags that commit these crimes don't care about these laws!

It is almost too hard for me to believe their convoluted logic!

Top Bottom