This is my favorite rifle.. Just to share

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    It's a Marlin 1895G 45/70. Duracoated by rockmup. Treated by Cajun Cryogenics. Has a Wild West happy trigger. A brass Skinner XA rear sight with an XS front sight. The best sight picture I've been able to find. This rifle is just stupid accurate for a 45/70. I love it. Just thought I'd share
    P2040002 (2).JPGP2040003.JPGP2040003 (2).JPGP2040002.JPGP2040001.JPG

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I've been wanting one of these bad. I have about 200 rounds of 45-70 and no gun I want to shoot it out of.\

That is real nice looking btw. Any reason you went with the shorter magazine tube?

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    That is real nice looking btw. Any reason you went with the shorter magazine tube?

Well, I originally bought this NIB bone stock from another member. But the models with the full length mag tube all have laminate wood that I despise. And of course now they are all Remington made and unless some serious changes take place I will never buy one of those. I just hunt for original Marlins in good shape. when I have funds.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    That might be my favorite gun of yours. :love:

How do you like that skinner sight? I thought about getting one before I got my Williams for the 1894. I love the peep, but I kinda worried about whacking the skinner against something.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    That might be my favorite gun of yours. :love:

How do you like that skinner sight? I thought about getting one before I got my Williams for the 1894. I love the peep, but I kinda worried about whacking the skinner against something.

The pictured rifle was dropped on concrete at the range the first time out. The skinner sight took the brunt of the blow right on top of the stem. Scratched it a little but that was it. Everything held together fine. The skinners are tough.

aaron_j

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Meraux,La
    id like to redo my marlin 30/30. id like all the metal to look silver/stainless. im going to strip the stock and do it in a cherry stain. the brass sights would look good but i have a scope on it!

Top Bottom