This is when we need you tinfoil hat...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    +1 multiplied by the highest number anyone could ever think of
    on recording that conversation. Give them hell!!!

Screaming Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Heel of the Boot
    GILF...with tube socks filled with sand?

Anyhow, why not (after hearing back from the PD) take the issue to the DA for some sort of opinion or guidance. I agree that it sounds like the PD is publicly intimidating and it sounds illegal but you've got to fight it on his terms. And be prepared for the backlash if you do. If you get an opinion from the prosecutor, you know that whatever happens, you don't have anything to worry about. But you can also bet that the Chief is going to make life difficult for you if you put it in his face. Ain't right, but would you rather be smart or right?

Screaming Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Heel of the Boot
    I'm just sayin...if we think about this like a card game. High stakes poker. The Chief has already showed you his cards. You know what his game is.
    If you go to the DA with this scenario, describe it with all that you know to be true and the DA says 'he can't do that and I'm not going to enforce it because it ain't legal' you've got a choice. You know you've got the trump card in your hand and that it's a done deal. The Chief is bluffing and you know it. Your choice is to play the hand out just to watch the cards fall or sit back and smile and wait for the stakes to go up before you drop your trump. It's your play and your back is covered.

Sounds like you've been around DH enough to know how things go. If even his officer chooses not to respond (and rightly so) you ought to know what the game is. If you know the rules (whether they're book rules or not) you've got a choice. Might ultimately be an important lawmaking precedent choice that affects all of us. Might not be. I'd pray long and hard about it if it was me. Motives count. If it's hard balled pride against pride, it's one thing. If it's about dismantling inappropriate intimidation and maybe establishing a true 'law of the land', it's something completely different.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Are any of the city council for DS pro 2A? They're usually pretty approachable... Maybe present them with a letter addressed to the mayor or CFO and to the DA?

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    GILF...with tube socks filled with sand?

Anyhow, why not (after hearing back from the PD) take the issue to the DA for some sort of opinion or guidance. I agree that it sounds like the PD is publicly intimidating and it sounds illegal but you've got to fight it on his terms. And be prepared for the backlash if you do. If you get an opinion from the prosecutor, you know that whatever happens, you don't have anything to worry about. But you can also bet that the Chief is going to make life difficult for you if you put it in his face. Ain't right, but would you rather be smart or right?

I live in Slidell so he ain't going to make my life too hard :o As for the suggestions; I appreciate it. I'm formulating a game plan now. However, my highest priority is to cut my grass!

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I live in Denham and this really pisses me off. Life has been laid back for years around here and I dont like hearing this. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I know quite a few people.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    I think this kind of stuff will be going on all around the country no matter how the supreme court rules. Seems like the civilian disarmament crowd has decided to take the fight to the local level, which is where we can best defeat them. But it cant be done playing a defensive strategy.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I am not in DS much anymore, but I have been OCing there when I am there for the last 6 months, no problems, haven't so much as seen a cop though

Top Bottom