This man has the current situation w/gov. right

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    He is on the money about needing to deal with this problem sooner rather than later. Really good video, he sure gets excited doesn't he?

Last edited:

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Umm... yeah he's right that we have a problem but his solution (as I perceived it) is for the President (whom he sees as separate from other politicians and not influenced by money) to give a speech to tell us we have corrupt banks. A lot of bluster to me without any real solution, except more government, in the form of a bank.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    What is flawed is a system that spends more than it takes in. Mathematics says it will collapse. To believe otherwise is folly.

Yes Sir, that is how I see it. We keep on raising the 'debt ceiling'. Under republicans and democrats. WTF is a debt ceiling, if you just raise it when you near it, not wonder WTF we need to raise it? And address the issue at hand.

I still propose we make it a debt goal, reach it, have a party, and raise that sucker back up. Or, actually govern. A party is more fun.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    He's correct in his rant about debt, but his "one man, the President" part is far more scary than that debt. Its in/on our hands. You cant say you want a president, with Obamas character, to make moves to render the Congress (regardless of their level of F'd up ness) irrelevant. Someone who has acted against and spoke against our Constitution his entire life.

I don't know, to say its all on one man, and the fault of some "evil" corporation and its contributions, or campaign money period, just strikes me the same as hearing a dead thugs mother on TV about how it wasn't his fault bc he was a good boy. We need to take the responsibility.

The largest problem we have in the US is always making an excuse or pointing the finger at someone else. The Constitution gives us the power, and in doing so, ensures we will be governed no better than we deserve. Last time I checked, it was the citizens who hit the button at the polling station, regardless of who gave what to whom and how much the check was for.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    What is flawed is a system that spends more than it takes in. Mathematics says it will collapse. To believe otherwise is folly.

You mean like Greece or the rest of Europe? For being being "exceptional" we sure are repeating other's mistakes.

We will always have the highest standard of living here in America only because we will drag everyone else down with us.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    He's correct in his rant about debt, but his "one man, the President" part is far more scary than that debt. Its in/on our hands. You cant say you want a president, with Obamas character, to make moves to render the Congress (regardless of their level of F'd up ness) irrelevant. Someone who has acted against and spoke against our Constitution his entire life.

I don't know, to say its all on one man, and the fault of some "evil" corporation and its contributions, or campaign money period, just strikes me the same as hearing a dead thugs mother on TV about how it wasn't his fault bc he was a good boy. We need to take the responsibility.

The largest problem we have in the US is always making an excuse or pointing the finger at someone else. The Constitution gives us the power, and in doing so, ensures we will be governed no better than we deserve. Last time I checked, it was the citizens who hit the button at the polling station, regardless of who gave what to whom and how much the check was for.

He has already made the congress irrelevant. obamacare, a spending bill according to the SCOTUS, began in the Senate. Not the house. 'Law of the land' now, neat trick.

The Origination Clause stemmed from an English parliamentary practice that all money bills must have their first reading (and any other initial readings) in the House of Commons before being sent to the House of Lords. This practice was intended to ensure that the power of the purse is possessed by the legislative body most responsive to the people, although the English practice was modified in America by allowing the Senate to amend these bills. The clause was part of the Great Compromise between small and large states; the large states were unhappy with the lopsided power of small states in the Senate, and so the Origination Clause theoretically offsets the unrepresentative nature of the Senate, compensating the large states for allowing equal voting rights to Senators from small states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origination_Clause

Hell, that is from Wiki...

Top Bottom