This sucks! I'd almost rather be FAT!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    About 2 1/2 weeks ago I decided to lose the "beer belly". I have an addiction.........................................................., to food. Always have. I used to pride myself on how much I could eat. The result, above mentioned "beer belly". So I decided I would not go on a diet, but try to change my eating habits. I completely gave up soft drinks, goodies, and fried foods, and I'm trying to graze a bit more often. I only drink water, non-sugar mixes for bottled water, un-sweet iced tea, and 1% or 2% milk. Well, except for my morning coffee, 2-3 cups, which I enjoy with my breakfast bar. Lunch has been the "Jared" route; 6" Submart chicken with tomatoes and spinich on wheat on most days, chicken in marinara sauce on wheat the others. A very light dinner and so far I've dropped from 205 to 189 in 18 days. I know that was the "easy" pounds, so my determination must stay strong. My goal is to hit 175, which I haven't weighed since jr. high school. Especially before the holiday season is here, 'cause there's gonna be some serious eating going on for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

Oh, and no more beer.:(

jrfount

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Livingston, La
    Ok I'm cool with all of that but if you gave up beer at least tell me your drinking good scotch or bourbon to make up for it. You know weight watchers lets you trade "points" just trade lunch for a six pack. Have you ever looked at the nutritional value of beer? No fat at all, Just saying.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    About 2 1/2 weeks ago I decided to lose the "beer belly". I have an addiction.........................................................., to food. Always have. I used to pride myself on how much I could eat. The result, above mentioned "beer belly". So I decided I would not go on a diet, but try to change my eating habits. I completely gave up soft drinks, goodies, and fried foods, and I'm trying to graze a bit more often. I only drink water, non-sugar mixes for bottled water, un-sweet iced tea, and 1% or 2% milk. Well, except for my morning coffee, 2-3 cups, which I enjoy with my breakfast bar. Lunch has been the "Jared" route; 6" Submart chicken with tomatoes and spinich on wheat on most days, chicken in marinara sauce on wheat the others. A very light dinner and so far I've dropped from 205 to 189 in 18 days. I know that was the "easy" pounds, so my determination must stay strong. My goal is to hit 175, which I haven't weighed since jr. high school. Especially before the holiday season is here, 'cause there's gonna be some serious eating going on for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

Oh, and no more beer.:(

Welcome to my hell.

Great job, I agree with everything but you should reward yourself with a couple beers 1 or twice a month. Should be no harm in that.

Exactly how many beers on those 1 or 2 occasions?:chuckles:

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Nah, no alcohol at all. That wasn't hard since I really don't drink very much anyway. I did my share of drinking in my younger years, especially when I worked as a beer delivery guy. Yeah, I know one or two wouldn't hurt, but they tend to lead to more.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Keep with it PAPACHUCK. The worst part is trying to rebound from backsliding. I started in August 2006 and by November 2006 I was 30lbs lighter. Gained it all back plus 15 lbs in the last 3 years and I feel horrible, my back is starting to hurt due to the extra weight and I'm getting back with it now.

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    I need to do the same. At my job I'm sitting on my ass most of the time and it's starting to carry over to my life at home. I'm only 29 but physically I feel alot older just because I'm not very active.

Dock Rocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Jackson, MS
    I would really recommend putting some excersize into your routine. It will help you feel better, but it will also allow you to eat more and still loose weight. I have lost 80 pounds and kept it off for over a year. I did it with smart changes in my diet and exercise 5 mornings a week. I get to eat and live like a normal person and I am still taking off the weight.

dcmac333

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm with you fellas. Trying to lose a few myself. Work out pretty regularly, but have a hard time staying away from all the good food.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    You can eat good food, just not much of it.

When I go to mcdonald's, I do the mcdouble diet. :D

One mcdouble and a large diet coke is a heck of a lot less calories than a big mac, fries, and coke. And it only costs two bucks.

I'm not particularly fat, just not in good shape. Hopefully a dozen pounds of fat will take up residence somewhere else after a couple months.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd highly recommend resistance training (weightlifting, resistance bands), high intensity interval training and sprint drills for exercise. Especially exercises that explosively work your glutes, hams and quads (your largest muscle groups).

Look into actually improving your diet such that you won't lose muscle while you're losing fat.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    OK, just shy of 4 weeks and down to 184. I was wearing 36 pants and now 34's, and they are even getting a tad loose. Been hitting the Total Gym every other day, and just generaly trying to move more. I've got to say, I feel lighter. Every move seems to be easier, and I feel more limber. I've stayed true to my diet, actually cut out a lot of things I used to indulge in, ie. cokes, ice cream, cookies, fast food and fried foods. I am also drinking a bunch of water and grazing more often.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    OK, just shy of 4 weeks and down to 184. I was wearing 36 pants and now 34's, and they are even getting a tad loose. Been hitting the Total Gym every other day, and just generaly trying to move more. I've got to say, I feel lighter. Every move seems to be easier, and I feel more limber. I've stayed true to my diet, actually cut out a lot of things I used to indulge in, ie. cokes, ice cream, cookies, fast food and fried foods. I am also drinking a bunch of water and grazing more often.
    Good progress!

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Fast forward, now 6+ months later and though I haven't posted my progress, I've been steadily dropping the pounds. I don't(and can't) eat anywhere near the volume of food I used to eat, and I eat what ever I want, just a lot less of it. These days, I have to remind myself to eat ocassionally.

Oh, and I'm just under 170 now !!

45+ lbs in 6 months!!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Fast forward, now 6+ months later and though I haven't posted my progress, I've been steadily dropping the pounds. I don't(and can't) eat anywhere near the volume of food I used to eat, and I eat what ever I want, just a lot less of it. These days, I have to remind myself to eat ocassionally.

Oh, and I'm just under 170 now !!

45+ lbs in 6 months!!

Awesome, Just in time for SUMMER too!

Great Job!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Congrats!!!

But you men suck. :P. Spec can just reduce his intake, drop the sodas and loose 30lbs. I have to act like a very hungry rabbit to shed 3. Lol

I bought new jeans in a size I haven't seen in ten years... I'm happy.

Top Bottom