thistlethwaite hunting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jorfontenot08

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    lafayette
    hey guys i know its late in the season for deer but i havent had a chance to go out there yet and i was wondering if anyone has hunted in there regularly or knows if you can shoot does in there for rifle or bow. ive been scoutin in there but i have never been in there during hunting season and was looking for some tips or what precautions i should take goin in besides the basics like hunter orange and bringin bug spray for chiggers or what not.

Saker

"Send It"
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    hey guys i know its late in the season for deer but i havent had a chance to go out there yet and i was wondering if anyone has hunted in there regularly or knows if you can shoot does in there for rifle or bow. ive been scoutin in there but i have never been in there during hunting season and was looking for some tips or what precautions i should take goin in besides the basics like hunter orange and bringin bug spray for chiggers or what not.
    :eek3:

Google is your friend!

I suggest since you asked the above questions.....you should follow the link:
    http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/publication/35748-hunting-regulations-2012-2013/hunt_reg.pdf
    Read the entire pamphlet ....especially pay attention starting at page 33 and beyond!
    The last thing you want to do in a WMA is shoot the wrong thing!

Saker

"Send It"
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    they dont have much on thistlethwaite. i was lookin more for someone who has hunted their and experienced it
    Well, I have done both in Thistlethwaite , but really don't understand what you are looking for here.....for you to say they don't have much in the LDWF is strange.
    Here is what I found with very little effort:

THISTLETHWAITE
    Owner: Thistlethwaite Heirs (11,100 acres, Opelousas Office)

All motorized vehicles restricted to improved roads only. All users must enter and leave
    through Main Gate only.

Restricted Area: Small game hunting allowed with shotgun only loaded with shot no
    larger than BB lead or F steel. Deer hunting allowed by archery only.

Area Closed: Oct. 27-28, EXCEPT to Youth Deer Hunters.

Mandatory deer check for all deer seasons EXCEPT Archery.

Antlered Deer Point Restrictions: A legal buck shall be defined as deer with at least
    four points on one side or a deer with unbranched antlers commonly referred to as
    spikes (no minimum length). To be counted as a point, a projection must be at least
    one inch long and its length must exceed the length of its base. The beam tip is counted
    as a point but not measured as a point.

Deer Archery (bucks only): Oct. 1-15

Deer Archery (either-sex): Oct. 16 - Feb. 15

Deer Youth (either-sex): Oct. 27-28. No antler restrictions.

Deer Firearms (either-sex): Nov. 23-25 and Dec. 1-2

Deer Firearms (bucks only): Dec. 22 - Jan. 6

Deer Primitive Firearms (either-sex): Nov. 10-11 and Jan. 7-13

Small Game and Waterfowl: Same as outside EXCEPT WATERFOWL CLOSED
    after 2 p.m. and EXCEPT CLOSED Oct. 27-28, Nov. 23-25 and Dec. 1-2 and OPEN
    to squirrel hunting during the spring season, May 4-12, dogs not allowed.
    feral hogs: May be taken by properly licensed hunters from Oct. 1 - Feb. 28.

Pretty self explanitory!

I don't understand what you need someone else to tell you unless it is their fav spot! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom