Thompson Machines

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chitch1225

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Does anybody have experience with Thompson Machines suppressors ? They seem to make a pretty good little can with a low msrp. I want to get one, but i wanted to see if anyone knew anything about them. thanks.

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    I have an early model Poseidon and am early Zepher XL. Great cans but what they really have going for them is the customer service. If you have questions, or need something jet let em know and they will take car of you. I know there are other companies out there that make good cans, but I wont be buying anything but Thompson Machine anytime in the near future. Ive played around a lot with the Isis and if you are looking for a can id say buy the Isis. You can use it on any non-rifle round smaller than 9mm and you can take it apart for cleaning. Buy one can, use it for 9mm down to 22lrs. Had they had it when I was in the market for my cans, I would have gone that route.

The only thing I have an issue with is that you need to put some anti-seize grease on the threads or after a few hundred rounds the can will be a giant PITA to get apart. But you really should do that on any take apart can.

On my M&P9 (its just dirt, the finish holds up well and has no wear marks so far).

297774_10150288083696601_581381600_8084268_1465926300_n.jpg

Last edited:

chitch1225

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks for the info. I talked to Brooks today, seems like a good guy but it's been a pain in the butt to get ahold of him thus far. so we will see. How did you do your transfer? Did you have to send it to your Class III dealer, wait 4 months for that transfer, then wait another 6 months for the Class III to transfer it to you?

Sweet set up by the way... I'm goin for the Isis-2

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    Thanks for the info. I talked to Brooks today, seems like a good guy but it's been a pain in the butt to get ahold of him thus far. so we will see. How did you do your transfer? Did you have to send it to your Class III dealer, wait 4 months for that transfer, then wait another 6 months for the Class III to transfer it to you?

Sweet set up by the way... I'm goin for the Isis-2

Ya my dealer back in Indiana stocked them so there was only a FFL wait period, and even then he was cool enough to let me come shoot em at his range whenever I wanted (under his supervision of course). The Isis is a great can, very versatility and easy to use. I love the weight of the Poseidon, but having to use wipes and gel/water is a bit of a pain. But then again im not complaining that I have a 4oz suppressor that is hardly noticeable on the weapon, yet still works amazingly well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom