Thoughts on the TargetCam System

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rigolette

Pronounced "Row Gully"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bossier City, Louisiana
    I posted this in the Training area earlier but since very few have seen it and no one has replied, I thought I'd move it here. I apologize if this isn't where it should be.

I've been researching spotting optics to use for shots out to 600 and, possibly later, 1000 yards. Needless to say, the spotting scopes needed for those distances are extremely expensive. This seems to be a reasonably priced system but I wanted to get some thoughts on it. It seems like it would work very well but do you think taking it out to a range and setting it up would upset other shooters by distracting them.

http://www.targetcam.net/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECXKey8Qgmo

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    I'm not trying to talk you out of the TargetCam System but I did a lot of research on these systems when I was looking to purchase one and for the money I decided on the Bullseye system. My reasons for choosing it was first you get a complete system (except the laptop. Can also be viewed on your phone) consisting of the camera, wireless router, antenna, 5 hr battery pack, charger, tripod, and software that lets you see each shot or group of shots blinking on screen. It takes about 2 minutes to set up and as an added bonus you can buy a 2 yr insurance plan that covers getting shot down range. You or someone else shoots the camera or any other part just send it back and they replace it. Total price for the 1K yd version with insurance was ~$625.00 including shipping.

As far as distracting other shooters the only problem I've had is them coming over distracting me asking questions about the unit. And when I first got it I wouldn't complete my follow through because I was in a hurry to see the shot on the screen. I'd lift my head as soon as the gun went bang. I had to tell myself "wait for the recoil". Now it's not a problem. I also like that I can sit at home and review every shot I made and figure out what I did wrong or sometimes right! I had a couple problems when I first got it and the guys at Bullseye were all over it. Great customer service. It turned out to just be a software glitch and a d/l of the latest version fixed it.

Top Bottom