Thoughts with regard to a Sig Sauer Mosquito

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shelli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2014
    California, United States
    Question...I've been wanting a Mosquito for quite a while now ~ however, after doing a little bit of research, I've found that there are some who rave about this particular handgun and some who say it's a waste of money. While I've taken several Firearms classes in the past and I've shot a P220 (it was kinda heavy for me), I'm in no means an expert at all. I'm a newbie for sure and totally just a 'hobby' for me. Thoughts on the Mosquito or suggestions/comparisons with any other handgun? Thanks :)

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    The Sig Mosquito has been notorious for having problems.
    I have a cousin who bought the Mosquito long barrel version and has really enjoyed it with only the rarest of problems. Shooting a pretty wide range of ammo as well. With most semi auto rimfires a hotter round will solve a lot of problems should you have an issue.
    Myself, I have an very nice family of Ruger MKs including a Standard, MK ll target and a MK lll slab side target.
    You cannot go wrong with any of the Ruger MK series.
    Several will be along shortly to sing the deserving praises of the Browning Buckmark.

Last edited:

lachef

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    New Orleans
    I have one and it is fun for putting holes in paper. I shoot it suppressed and it is a lot of fun. I have a failure to fire every once and a while but I blame that on cheap ammo. With mini mags I have no problems suppressed or unsuppressed. People have tons of bad stories but I really enjoy mine for a cheap trip to the range.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Had one. Never used anything but the recommended mini mags as mentioned. After sending it back to Sig where they chamfered the chamber it still never function well enough to enjoy shooting. Lots of failures to eject and stovepipes. Proceed with caution or get a Ruger, I guess.

Oh, I forgot, the slide stop was difficult to avoid touching with my week hand thumb or strong hand thumb (can't remember which) during recoil. Kind of a funny grip angle.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The Ruger series is the way to go in general. Only buy the SIG .22 for training on double to single action transition. I have a Ruger 22/45 and the SIG. I do the double tap drills with the SIG. Mine works great for that.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have one! It is ALL about what ammo I shoot through mine. If I could get as many different brands of .22lr that is used to be able to get I would tell you definitively what it likes and doesn't by actual brand.

Now remember this very important phrase: "I have one!" Not, I know someone that has one! ;)

Top Bottom