Three People Held Hostage Inside Tensas Parish Bank, One Gunman

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    And things like this make me want to rethink working in a bank. Its very sad that there are still people like this in the world.

+1

my bank has an off duty cop in the lobby of every branch...a little more secure / slight deterrent...

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    When I mentioned the suspects name this morning my 13 yr old son recognized his name.
    He graduated from the same VERY small private school the my boys attend in Lake Providence, LA in 2011.

http://www.knoe.com/story/23125526/suspected-bank-robbery-in-st-joseph
    MONROE, La. (KNOE 8 News) - KNOE 8 News has received a statement from the Headmaster of Briarfield Academy in Lake Providence. Fuaed Abdo Ahmed graduated from the school.

It states:

"All of Briarfield is deeply saddened by the tragedy that involved a former student. I was very close to Fuaed. He attended our school through elementary on. He was an outstanding young man who was on the honor society, captain of the football team, and a few points from being salutorian. He was a wonderful kid that we loved. It is hard to believe he is capable of doing what he did early this morning."

The statement was made by Lance Prine who is the Headmaster at the school.

Beeramid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Near Lafayette, La
    My parents are from St. Joe, I've got family there, and have spent a lot of time there through the years. It's strange seeing that quiet little place on Fox news this morning. The hostage who was released is my cousins aunt, according to KNOE, bank robbery was never the motive, he had books on hostage negotiation tactics. They say he was mentally unstable, to me it sounds like premeditated terrorism. Its just a shocking and all around sad situation, St. Joe is such a small place off the beaten path, this is the last thing you'd ever think would or could happen there.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Well LA State Police and US Marshall's were on scene. I am sure there were trained people there.

Yeah, supposedly them as well as FBI. Someone on arfcom mentioned these guys are USMS SOG who, according to the USMS website, are headquartered in LA.

628x471.jpg

ap_Bank_ac_130814_16x9_992.jpg

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Man that's horrible. People can't even go to work and feel safe anymore. This is a sick world we live in. I'll send a few prayers to the victim's family and friends.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Had torture instruments, robbery of the bank was not the motive, he was a Muslim who's parents were from Yemen, he planned to make these people suffer and then kill them... Islam is such a tolerant religion more like a homegrown terrorist in the making if u ask me.
    RIP to the hostages who past away, prayers go out to their families, and hope this POS burns in a lake of burning hog lard fire for eternity!!!

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom