Throw away mentality.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Funny you bring it up. I either want stuff that is lifetime + quality... Our so cheap I dont care. Very little middle ground, other than electronics.

It is more a function of production technology and distribution network than consumer driven, imo.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I use a $2 Harbor Freight brass grill brush on my $700 Weber grill. I want the grill to last, I'll buy new brushes as I need them.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Filson does wear out !

In the "old days", one looked for the MADE
    IN
    USA label on stuff, for the absolute best. Where has that gone ?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    i'm wearing a shirt right now that i bought from walmart about 3 years ago

don't equate cheap to poorly made...

+1

Cheap doesn't mean it's crap and just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's great. Walmart sells Wrangler jeans/pants. I have a few pairs of Wrangler cargos that I would wear over any tacticool pants out there.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I was talking to some dude and he stated he was the type of guy that buys his clothes at walmart. At first I thought good for him not buying over inflated name brand garbage. However, after thinking about it for quite some time I came to the realization that at some point in our history we transitioned to a society that prefers low quality disposable products. I don't know why this happened and I don't understand why I loathe the concept. I personally find myself attracted to products that are built for a lifetime of use. When did we transition to a society that buys cheap crap and tosses it when we are done with it? Disposable pens, razors, etc. Why not buy a quality pen that will last time? It irks me that individuals don't buy quality goods opting for the cheap and wasteful alternative. I am just curious when all of this went down because it appears to have happened before I was born and I am guessing it coincided with high fructose corn syrup and our average BMI of 35+

I'm with Pangris, I look for the meeting place of price:Quality.

What often pisses me off is that there's often NO QUALITY available!

As to the Pen... WHY would I pay $100 or somesuch for an item where it is NOT a durable good...? I'll have to buy 'new pens' constantly to refill the body.
    Might as well buy a whole new pen.

Some things are meant to be throw away. Some should last.

Too few last.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Filson does wear out !

IN

Our country has ceased to produce products entirely, or produces compromise products at best, in many things. Tad gear doesn't use us fabrics most of the time because noone in the use makes quality fabric to their spec. My $235 merrino wool sweater says made in China for that reason.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Filson does wear out !

IN

Much of Filson's stuff is made in their factory here, and if their oiled tincloth wears out I understand they will repair or replace it.

Top Bottom