Thumler's Tumbler Drive Belt Life - Poor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayou52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Slidell, La
    I'm only getting about 20 tumbling hours on each Thumler's Model B drive belt. These are new drive belts made and sold for this tumbler - not a cheap knockoff or copy.

I see no reason why these belts don't last longer - there is nothing out of alignment - the motor and axel pulleys are aligned. The bushings are appropriately lubed, there's no sway in the drum as it tumbles, and the belt channel in the drive pulley is smooth - no burs. I run the drum at 13 pounds which is 2 pounds under its 15 pound capacity.

These belts aren't cheap $5 - $6 apiece plus shipping - and I'm getting tired of popping for them.

Let's hear it - what kind of belt life are you getting from your Thumler's tumbler Model B drive belt?

Any suggestions on why I'm not getting a longer belt life here? I appreciate the comments -

Bayou52

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    I've had my model B for about 4 years. I tumble brass twice a month and have never replaced the belt. While I've never weighed it I'm sure I'm over the 15# limit most of the time. Where do you get the belts from? I should probably keep a spare on hand.

Bayou52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Slidell, La
    I've had my model B for about 4 years. I tumble brass twice a month and have never replaced the belt. While I've never weighed it I'm sure I'm over the 15# limit most of the time. Where do you get the belts from? I should probably keep a spare on hand.

All of the belts are the appropriate replacements from STM. They still break persistently.

Just this morning, I called Tru-Square and spoke with the owner. He said he wouldn't mail me a new replacement drive shaft/axle to try and fix the problem. He seemed very cooperative.

Bayou52

SMILEY

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    WEST of BATON ROUGE
    I have a Thumler's Tumbler that I got 11/2011 and do 1-2 loads a day for one week month with no problems at all. Now I do 2-4lb and sometimes 5lb of brass at a time just cut back on the water . I did put a 9mm case beteen the bottom bolt of the motor and base so it doesn't flip around , Never chage a belt I did change the wing nut out for some nicer ones. Good luck

Top Bottom